2017~2024 Introducing Myself (New Owner)

neo_styles

:
2017 CX-5 Sport AWD
Hi, everyone! Just introducing myself to the group as I finally shed my VW skin last weekend and got behind the wheel of a 2017 CX-5 Sport in Snowflake Pearl. Originally didn't think it was possible, but the dealership offered me a lease special I couldn't pass up (was actually cheaper than financing on some 2014 and 2015 used Mazda3).

I've lurked here before as a non-member, but finally decided to make my presence known. Also would love to see when we finally get that AA/CP update, but that's beside the point.

Any advice you could give to someone who's effectively brand new to owning a Mazda? I'm so used to driving VWs (99 Jetta Wolfsburg and 06 Passat 3.6L) that this is brand new driving territory for me. Seeing as this is a lease, I really want to make sure I don't screw this car up before time's up. Any help would be appreciated.

welcome fellow Seattleite! The numbers of 2017 Cx-5 on the road here on the Eastside has been steadily rising

Let it break in. I have heard the CRV breaks in after 30K miles, CX5 is probably 1K miles.

Let it break in.... CX5 is probably 1K miles.

Actually 600 miles/1000 km, details below:

001.jpg

You can get used to not going to the dealer for repairs that much :D jk lol I've always wanted to try vw but all my friends that has a vw has so many problems with it. Anyways I don't think you have anything to worry about with this car, mazdas are pretty reliable in general. Congrats and welcome :)

You can get used to not going to the dealer for repairs that much :D jk lol I've always wanted to try vw but all my friends that has a vw has so many problems with it. Anyways I don't think you have anything to worry about with this car, mazdas are pretty reliable in general. Congrats and welcome :)

Ha! That's one reason I didn't have any remorse for leaving VW. The styling certainly helped.

Someone say pics? Here's all I've taken so far:

20429973_10154914425833233_960414842216678961_n.jpg

20525681_10154923296928233_2046449830859064917_n.jpg

welcome fellow Seattleite! The numbers of 2017 Cx-5 on the road here on the Eastside has been steadily rising

Thanks for the welcome wishes. Think I hit every dealership in the area except University Mazda. In the end, Walker's in Renton sealed the deal for me. Went from test-drive/talking about the possibility of buying the car to signing paperwork within about an hour or so. Might mean I have to drive almost an hour every time I want to go visit, but they made it worth my time by a long shot.

You will enjoy the A/C in the CX-5. I'm in TX and we have been in the 100s. I know you are getting a heatwave in WA. The car cools off quickly!

Great looking car in white!

You will enjoy the A/C in the CX-5. I'm in TX and we have been in the 100s. I know you are getting a heatwave in WA. The car cools off quickly!

Great looking car in white!

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that with the AC. Even the basic unit in this Sport chills the car out by the time I've pulled out of the apartment complex. I will say that, even though we're not in the 100s, I'm super grateful for having cloth seats right now.

Back