Intake + Exhaust For A Stock ES 2.0? b

TKDoyle

:
Protege ES
Hey yall, from the response I got on my other thread Here I think the very first mod Im gonna do is an intake/exhaust. I have an 02 ES 5sp manual and have NO idea as to what to look for or if this is worth it. What type of products should I be looking for? (More specific the better!) And also, how much performance should I expect to see from this mod?

Hey, welcome to the protege forums. I have a 2002 protege es in black mica. If your looking for an intake, you can either go with an aem short ram intake or an injen cold air intake. Both show very similair gains. I have the aem short ram. It gives better throtle response, n a few hp, but not much. Now for the exhaust, there are different brands. I have the racing beat catback. It replaces everything from the cat back. Deeper tone, looks like it belongs on car, tip isnt tooo big, better throtle response and a few extra hp. If you have any more questions just give me a pm n I'll try n help out anyway I can.

Cool - Thanks for the quick reply! Anyone have any idea on prices or links/stores I can buy these items at? Also how about installing them? Im fairly confident I can install the intake on the car, but not too sure about the exhaust. Is there any major welding or fabricating? Thanks again!

Well the racing beat catback cost $430 at racingextreme.com. Thats the cheapest i found the RB catback. That included free shipping. As for the intake, i got mine from cardomain.com. I got it for $172 with free shipping

O yea, the intake install is very easy. If you cant figure it out on your own, it comes with instuctions. Also with the RB catback, its a direct bolt on. No welding. Its fairly easy, just need the right hand tools and some wd40.

Back