Installing Highboost Kit tommorro

midnightracr

:
Mazda,MP3
Yep, just what it says. Haven't been on here much since what happened last time with Nick K screwing me over but that's in the past. Recieved Highboost kit with ALL the goodies including the 440cc injectors, & Haltec boost controller & the E6x. I tell ya I feel like a little kid again on Christmas morning. I'm hoping the install goes smooth. Never worked on anything this major but i have done minor simple stuff like put on headers, CAI things of that sort. My dad is helping me which is great. He used to be a mechanic that worked on big trucks so it should be a blast. (A father-son project) I think the only difficult part about it might be the wiring for the E6x & the boost controller. Guys what kind of laptop computer & cable will I need to use to download the softwear to the E6x? Any advice from anybody that has or had the Highboost kit would be greatly appreciated

I know how you feel..and all the BEST in the install. Take your time and really enjoy the rush of putting it together.

as for the laptop...I am using an older P3 1.0 GHz that MUST have a serial connection.

I formated the hardrive and install DOS..and it now is a DOS only system. You will need a serial cable and that's it.

You'll get the hang of it. Read over the Haltech Manual THOUROUGHLY...its not a long read but important to do.

Any notebook with Serial Port and DOS will work perfect.

Thanx guys, yeah I'm totally stoaked about this
Yp5: Thanx that's exactly what I needed to know about the computer/serial port. If it doesn't rain here tomorro i will deff post how it went. By the way how long did it take you 6-8 hours or 2 days install yours

my thoughts exactly...with all the trimmings(injectors, e6x) what did that come to, like $5K?

ProtegeV:No, Talked to Juan over the phone. I ordered directly from Highboost

YP5: That's great news. So what are you going to set your psi to? Also aren't the injectors from Highboost plug & play basically? Take the old ones out & put the new ones in

Sounds great. We will have to meet one day and do a Dragon Run. My Spool turbo kit should be installed by early Sunday. I feel like a little kid on X-mas morning.

LOL, I know, It's funny how it makes you feel. Sounds great to me 2K. You should come down to Memphis Motorsports Park when the NHRA guys get here. We could meet up then

So did you get a chance to do any work today. It rained like hell here in Knoxville so I'm assuming you guys got something over there. My kit is right on time and will be finished tomorrow.

Did you get the hks ssqv upgrade too? If you did, then you have the exact same kit that I just sold to Elemental, you guys will love it. Go get that manifold coated, it looks ugly without it.

ddogg777 said:
Go get that manifold coated, it looks ugly without it.
(mswerd) I don't have the Hiboost manifold or kit, but I did have my Spool tubular manifold coated. The manifold was basically rusted looking and now it is chrome.

In regards to the tuning software. Haltech has the Halwin software posted on it's website so you can now use a windows laptop that is newer than Win98 to tune your Haltech.

I am using halwin on a laptop with Windows XP without issue.

Congrats on the kit, you'll love it.

Back