Installed HID Fogs...

So today I was experimenting with the relay and no luck. I couldn't figure out where the fog light switch came into play. What I ended up doing was buying a new relay from Radio Shack and using the Illumination fuse under the glove box to turn them on or off. Now they go on with the parking lights and stay on with headlights/high beams. Nice thing is they aren't running all the time.

If you look in your foglight housings you will see a metal cylinder. I removed those.

I can't link directly but here are the pics showing what needs to be done. You will remove the fog light relay and then will be adding in the purple wire with spade connectors. I know that the car this is being done on is not an MS3 but rather a regular Mazda3 with OEM HIDs there are a number of MS3 GT owners that have done this and found it works great! Your fog lights also stay on for about 5 seconds after you turn your car off and then shut off with this mod. The nice thing is that it is easily reversible back to stock for those dealership visits.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Did you use an 18 gauge wire for the purple wire?

Last edited:
Back