2013~2016 CX-5 Parts list to install OEM fog lights?

Picked up a 2015 that doesn't have a lot off extras. Using it to just drive many miles to work.

I found the auto dimming rearview mirror kit that I think will work with my cx5. I also found OEM fog lights. Just wanted to check with anyone if installing them is as easy as removing the black covers that are on the bumper and putting these new black inserts which contain the fog light housing?

Does anyone know if the plugs are already ran? Or do I need to run the wires and get the plugs to connect? If so, anyone have a schematic on best place to tie in?

And then one last question... if the wiring is there and I just attach... can I get the OEM light control to upgrade what I have already? This would give me OEM control of those fog lights. Trying to keep as stock/OEM as possible... but dont know what is there already.

Well, I did see on the driver's side, a plug that goes into a 'fake' female end of the housing. So that must be the fog light plug for the driver's side. I can't see the passenger side due to some larger things in the way, but assuming it is there as well.

So if anyone has the specific OEM part number for the left and right bezel replacement that would have the hole for the fog light assembly AND then the actual fog light assembly that fits into it... that would be fantastic. Sounds like that is all I need.

Then the other question, if I get the steering column light control OEM for the fog lights, is that simple plug and play as well? Is it hard to take that old one out and replace with the new one? Anyone have THAT part number? I did find 'KS0366122' but not sure if that is correct?

Well... I can only talk to our 2019 CX-5 that I added fog lights to (so YMMV). For my car, I got the foglights and bezels, and just plugged them in to the existing harness, like you've seen on yours. For the interior, I got a new left steering wheel stalk that included the fog switch. I just had to take the orig stalk out and replace it. The wiring was all there and the fog lights then just worked.

Now, I have to say, I hate "fog" lights as being useless and a pain to oncoming drivers. I only added mine because I had bought DRL/sequential turn assemblies for my car that only matched up to the factory fogs. So, I had to add them to avoid a weird unfinished opening, but never use them (I really could've skipped the switch/stalk, but my anal nature wouldn't let me).

Well I ordered everything so will see how it works out. Have to figure out how to get to the passenger fog light bezel. Guessing will have to take off the bottom cover/guard... hopefully without breaking any clips! Always a challenge.

Then my rearview auto dimming mirror comes middle of next month. Then be ready to drive the expressway to work... instead of the truck.

Will post once I get the fog lights in with any notes / help I can offer. This includes the steering column control I bought as well.

Back