Injen intake touches rad fan with SMIC

bonga_msp

:
2003.5 MSP Titanium Grey
I just installed my custommsp SMIC and hardpipes yesterday. After the install I noticed the Rad fan now touches/rubs against my Injen Intake about an inch or so out from the turbo.

I searched the forums and didnt see anyone else make reference to this.

Does anyone else have the same setup?

Just talked to Custommsp this is normal.

bonga_msp said:
I just installed my custommsp SMIC and hardpipes yesterday. After the install I noticed the Rad fan now touches/rubs against my Injen Intake about an inch or so out from the turbo.

I searched the forums and didnt see anyone else make reference to this.

Does anyone else have the same setup?

I know this is very old, but I have the same problem with my newly installed SMIC, harpipes and Injen.

What are people doing to get the fan to fit like stock?

loosen your couplings on both ends of the injen on teh pipe closest the turbo and loosen the rubber bumper bolt that holds it in place over the hole in the wheel well. rotate the pipe closest the turbo a little away from the fans. I had the same problem and this was my solution. Make sure you tighten every thing back down.

Edit to add: I see now in your sig that you use it as a SRI, disregard the part in my advice about the rubber bumper bolt. Just loosen teh turbo coupling and rotate it off the fan.

I did that with my sri now it rubs on my coldpipe, so i had the company send me a sri pipe support to hold it still

I did that with my sri now it rubs on my coldpipe, so i had the company send me a sri pipe support to hold it still

Exactly! When I rotate it away from the radiator fan then it hits the coldpipe. Which company did you contact?

I have a secret weapon intake and it never came with one so I called them because I was supposed to have one. you can get some thing steel froma hardware store

Use plumbers tape. It's just steel tape that is flexible enough to bend to a shape you need and you can cut it easily. For reference it is not actually a tape, but more like a band of steel with holes punched throughout it.

Back