Infotainment ver. 74.00.230A

I had my 2019 grand touring updated to 70.000.367 a few weeks ago to correct “no xm stations issue”. All seem well until today then problem with xm arose again. Of course after restart all’s well. Guess I will ask dealer to update to latest firmware next week during oil change. I suppose that’s the right option?

I've had xm for 10 years on numerous vehicles as well as portable unit with no issues. Can’t understand why Mazda can’t get this right, real disappointing.

The new update has addressed one of my gripes. Previously, If I am in CarPlay, while listening to XM radio, pressing the music button on the console would open Spotify by default.

Now, with using 74.00.230, pressing music button will return back to XM screen. Pressing the music button will return to whatever the most recent music program you were using at the time.

Great fix. That always annoyed me.

The new update has addressed one of my gripes. Previously, If I am in CarPlay, while listening to XM radio, pressing the music button on the console would open Spotify by default.

Now, with using 74.00.230, pressing music button will return back to XM screen. Pressing the music button will return to whatever the most recent music program you were using at the time.

Great fix. That always annoyed me.
Now look at that!

That's awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

I just performed the update to 74.00.230. About 20 minutes (excluding 10 minutes prep) and it was done. Seems to work very well and haven't noticed any issues yet at a result of the upgrade. I did it primarily because of the Sirius XM issue where it can't find any stations sometimes. Hopefully this permanently resolves that one. Performance seems a bit better, as others have mentioned. Many thanks to those who put together the instructions and provided the firmware update. The instructions worked flawlessly for me.

After a week or so with the new 74.00.230 update, I can say that the infotainment system boots up significantly faster than it did pre-update.

Apple Carplay is MUCH faster to load too.

Everything seems great so far on my 2019 Signature.

Updated to 74 a couple days ago and don't notice anything different, maybe even seems a little slower. I use a thumb drive for music so maybe it's just slower loading that, will have to try it without it and see.

Update: Tried it without the thumbdrive and it does seem a bit quicker to load but nothing earth shattering.

Last edited:
Just updated my 2020 with 74 this morning, smooth and easy. Next day or two I should be able to get an idea of any system speed changes.

So a newbie here. I have a 2021 GT-R. I guess this update version applies to earlier generation infotainment systems only? Mazda told me the current version for my car (gen 6.5) is 7000C0A-NA03_11026.kwi. My CX is now at 11022. Is this right? I don't want to upgrade something and create an issue for myself.

Would the upgrade process be the same for the 2021?

2017 CX-5 GT and I had the dealer retrofit AA about a year ago. Recently experienced Google Maps (and WAZE) causing the system to reboot every few minutes - Mobile Connection Lost. Ordered a new, official Samsung USB-C cable and it still crashes w/regularity.

Had the vehicle serviced yesterday and paid them $70 to update FW to 70.000.367.
Still crashes. Of course, they said, "We tested it and found no problems."

I've only just turned over 18k miles after 3 years. Was looking forward to this model as a 'keeper' but dunno. Still irks me my window buttons on the doors aren't illuminated save for the driver's side (and driver is the only one with full auto up/down).

So a newbie here. I have a 2021 GT-R. I guess this update version applies to earlier generation infotainment systems only? Mazda told me the current version for my car (gen 6.5) is 7000C0A-NA03_11026.kwi. My CX is now at 11022. Is this right? I don't want to upgrade something and create an issue for myself.

Would the upgrade process be the same for the 2021?
Your 2021 has an over the air update function in settings.

That's what I thought but local Mazda service tech said OTA wouldn't work for this update. I know the OTA doesn't work from my driveway. I am confused as to what OTA should do. I guess I need to talk to talk with another Mazda dealer's service dept.

This update 70.00.230 is for 2020 and older systems.
Your 2021 has newer and different infotainment system.

Yes, I've learned that. But also that the version in my new CX-5 isn't the latest so I'll see if the dealer will update as a courtesy. Not sure why OTA doesn't do that. I'll try again today in a different area of town, maybe it's a reception issue.

I just discovered a minor issue with 74.00.230. My phone contacts and call history no longer upload over bluetooth. Everything works fine with AA, so it's not a big deal, but I often just used the bluetooth link to my phone when I wasn't doing longer trips. The contacts and call history upload seems to just hang now. Anybody else who upgraded to 74.00.230 notice this?

New server with all Current FIRMWARE.
Edit ...Now No longer available

74.00.230A 4A N and EU N is not yet available as a Dealer install yet, this is all controlled by Japan when they release to Dist then Dist to Dealer..
74 EU N should be anytime from now to around September 2021.
4A N maybe by December to Jan 2022.
Bookmark Link, READ and Understand FIRMWARE ALERTS .txt and Warning TEXTs.
2021 CX-5 and CX-9 does not use any .up firmware...see NA0, EU0 and 4A0 Folders, if files is not there is means no copies.

Last edited:
Back