In the new 2021 system, does it limit carplay scrolling lists?

:
2016 CX5 GT
I have a 2016 CX-5 where I installed the Apple CarPlay hardware myself as soon as it came out. Another thing with 2016 is the serial to USB cable and tweak I installed to allow the touchscreen while the car is in motion. This not only does what it says, but it also allows the commander wheel to scroll down lists of music, channels, etc... in Apple CarPlay UI. Without it, you may scroll maybe 10 entries down, which really makes CarPlay useless and you'd have to get a phone vent mount and use the phone screen anyway.

So with the new system, it's a whole new UI. Not to mention it's not a touch screen at all. But without the Mazda AIO tweaks available, does Apple CarPlay still limit your scrolling to 10 or similar entries? I just counted that I have 59 SiriusXM favorites in the SXM app. Not being able to scroll down to these favorites or even go to the channels and pick a category and scroll through them manually is a dealbreaker for using the MZD Connect UI. That means it's back to the old way of a phone vent mount and maybe just keeping the Mazda screen on something like Google Maps or Waze, and the phone screen on the audio app of choice.

I submitted an enhancement request already to Apple about this. It totally defeats the purpose of integrating control with the car and brings back touching the phone and the distraction that goes with it. I found other forums there are a few other car manufacturers where this is also a problem, but it's not all of them.

We've had my wife's 2021 GT for a couple weeks now. Our first vehicle without a multi disc CD player. I've put a ton of stuff on USB drives and the system allows us to scroll through all folders / Artists / Albums. I'm guessing this is because the USB drives are not part of Apple Carplay.

Back