Important: Mazda3 cakewalk for thieves!

This is nothing new. My 1992 Mazda Protege got rear-ended and the trunk popped open. Amazing. If you hit a coke machine in the right spot with a sledge hammer, it will pop open, too. This seems to imply that the lock relay is located in a vulnerable spot. Any one at Mazda think about relocating it?

My 09 M3 has a factory alarm...However I am in Canada...Press the button once...it's the immobilizer...Hit it again within a few seconds and the horn will sound. Letting you know the factory alarm is engaged

I'm figuring the remote un lock sends a signal( electrical) to a main chip that is hardwired to the door unlock solenoids...thereby unlocking the doors.
The solenoids are a plunger type mechanism ( electrically activated, mechanically opening(moving),
the lock mechnsms. each door would have one, so you couldn't possibly kick one spot on the car and unlock all the doors. Even if you could kick one spot and unlock one door, highly unlikely, as the plungers are plastic, it would break before it moved the metal door-lock linkage.... I wouldn't worry about this, I think it's BS.
For safety, have an aftermarket alarm installed, I got mine thru my dealer for $ 175.00..and keep the laptop out of sight!!
thanks for listening.

So we may have had an issue as well with our 07. It's been snowing so the car is covered in road filth. The wife went to start the car and closed the door and the door open light stayed on, she opened and reclosed all the doors multiple times to see if the light would go off. I went out after she came in and found what looked like a hand print above the door handle or where someone may have tried to hit it. She said she didn't leave the mark and it was fresh and very obvious. The car wouldn't lock either because of the door ajar on the dash. The doors also would not lock using the button on the door it self.

After playing with it for about 5 minutes trying to figure out wtf was going on, i simply manually locked all the doors from inside, then unlocked with the door button and it solved the problem. We didn't notice anything missing but now after reading this I'm a bit concerned and plan to make a stop at the dealer to see if they have a solution for this issue.

unfortunately the guy who break in to my car didn't know about this and he use a brick.. at least if he will know I wouldn't have to buy a new door glass.. ( sorry for my english.. :))

if some jackass kicks my 3 my AFTERMARKET alarm will let me know who to beat down.

DITTO - However this smacks of an internet BS rumor that was fabricated by some Toyota driver that had his doors blown off for the um-teenth time by 2.0 M3 in his "tricked-out" corolla (oxymoron) .
All Mazdas in 2010 come with an "Anti-Theft Engine Immobilizer" even the keyless entry models the only ones that get the "perimeter Alarm" upgrade in addition have the advanced key system as a part of the Tech Package in the USA.
kick the car in the "sweet spot" and the locks open - "Hey your Flys Open"!!--geeeze(nailbyt)

I just recently purchased my mazda 3 and phoned a dealer yesterday to check for outstanding recalls to my car. There were none, however there were two "ssb's"(I think that's what he called them). One was for some rustproofing for the doors. Apparently they discovered water pooling somewhere the guy said. The second item was to install something in the door(s) to counter thieves. I am assuming this is to reinforce the "sweet spot". I had no idea what he was talking about, but it's covered by Mazda and helps protect my new purchase...so I'm in.
Just thought I'd mention this for those who were not aware. Not sure if the same applies in the US as we deal with Mazda Canada.

Doh! I posted the above post after reading the first page without noticing there were 8 pages to this thread and that the fix has already been noted. I decided to leave it thought in case not everyone knows about the first issue.

just trying it to see if it works... proves you're a ******* idiot
it's as bad as trying cigarettes a few times to see if what people are saying about cigarettes being addictive is true

this is why anyone who knows about this issue (like mazda) are NOT talking more about this and do NOT want to discuss this because of dipshits like you trying to see if you can unlock your doors or not, which means it causes a panic, creates unnecessary insurance claims, and a bigger public relations nightmare than it already is

I won't be surprised if half the door dents out there is from fucktards like you just trying to see if it works because you can't believe what was happening is true

Wow, aren't you special.....

I had an aftermarket electric start/two way alarm (my car is way out of warranty) installed on my 3 around Christmas last year after my second insurance claim regarding a break in using this attempt. As far as i can tell, it's deterred two more break in's by going off when an attempt at opening the door failed, and once when a large chunk of concrete was thrown at it, denting the car, but detering further damage by the alarm going off and my two way system beeping like crazy in my bedroom (all at night). Plus the added bonus of electric start when it's cold or hot here in Michigan.

Last edited:
I have 2 alarm systems on my car, a Viper with pager and Smith & Wesson.
Never heard of a sweet spot to unlock the door,porbably a coincident that your buddy's car got dented, kinda like the fake youtube vids you see of someone using a styrofoam cup to use air pressure to pop a lock.

Mine has an aftermarket alarm on it. All you have to do is look at it wrong and you'll set it off lol.

Back