Important: Mazda3 cakewalk for thieves!

i can make a video of me peeing on my car and then use the remote to unlock it as soon as the stream of piss hits it. Peepee unlocks P5s!!!

I just purchased a 2005 Mazda 3 this week. I just called my local dealer and he said they expected the parts for the fix this week, and they are offering it to everyone. He's scheduled my car in next week.

i dont know whats the big deal... if someone wants to break into your car then theyre gonna do it whichever way they want... like yesterday when someone broke my left rear door window on my brand new ms3 to steal my school backpack which had nothing in it... =(

Damn, that ******* blows! I would look for that someone and knock the living hell out of them.

dropxnow said:
i dont know whats the big deal... if someone wants to break into your car then theyre gonna do it whichever way they want... like yesterday when someone broke my left rear door window on my brand new ms3 to steal my school backpack which had nothing in it... =(

Oh no! Are your windows tinted? If not, I would get that done ASAP.

So has there ever been any final resolution to this problem? Any TSB?

Does this problem affect the speed3 as well, or just the normal mazda3?

IMHO, this is just to get folks to kick their cars. I find no factual reality to this and there needs to be more evidence to support it.

But if you believe it, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I, for one, am not going to be kicking my car to get it to unlock.

GNsPR5 said:
IMHO, this is just to get folks to kick their cars. I find no factual reality to this and there needs to be more evidence to support it.

But if you believe it, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I, for one, am not going to be kicking my car to get it to unlock.

If any of you watch Mythbusters they just handled a case like this. There was an internet myth that car thieves were getting speared by they slim jims they were using when the side curtain airbag popped as they broke into cars.

They found that it was a total myth.

Maybe this one should be posted up to them?

On a serious note I am looking into a 2007 GT and would like to know if it would just be easier to mention this problem when purchasing the car so they can fix it then?

Also has anyone installed a remote paged car alarm on their 3? I had one on my integra and it gave me some peace of mind.

if the car was built after 1/1/07, then it has the updated lock design (same thing as what some people already got in service)

kinda glad i was dooped into buying a complete POS version of the mazda 3 STRAIGHT STARDARD ON EVERYTHING(yeah i gotta roll my window up, wanna fight about it?)! but i feel sorry for the ppl who've fallen victim to this...

Depends what neigbourhood you live in doesn`t it,or where you leave your car obviously it was a bad area he left the car because i have forgotton my windows open and doors unlocked at night many times and no ones done anything with stuff liying around in the car as well.I have a GT with an alarm,factory installed and immobilizer.

i work in a mazda dealership...(yep im a salesgirl) and i've heard this little piece of information a few times now. I get a lot of phone customers asking about it. Honestly, i believe if this IS true...all cars have a sweet spot....some dumb idiot probably fell into a mazda 3 thus hearing the vehicle unlocking....therefore starting this stupid crap. sorry if it's happened to you...but i find it strange that its significant to the mazda 3....its a well made vehicle everything has it flaws....thats what makes the world beautiful being able to constantly "perfect" these cars....etc etc...just my opinion

importgirl212 said:
i work in a mazda dealership...(yep im a salesgirl) and i've heard this little piece of information a few times now. I get a lot of phone customers asking about it. Honestly, i believe if this IS true...all cars have a sweet spot....some dumb idiot probably fell into a mazda 3 thus hearing the vehicle unlocking....therefore starting this stupid crap. sorry if it's happened to you...but i find it strange that its significant to the mazda 3....its a well made vehicle everything has it flaws....thats what makes the world beautiful being able to constantly "perfect" these cars....etc etc...just my opinion

Perfecting cars makes the world beautiful, eh? Just what I'd expect to hear from a car enthusiast! lol~ =P

If someone kicked my car, I'd give him/her a roundhouse kick Chuck Norris style!

Hi folks;

My coworker's stuff was stolen out of his 3 sedan. He thought he'd left it unlocked, but later somebody told his wife that if you kick a 3 in just the right spot it'll unlock, and sure enough there was a dent in that spot. My coworker called the dealer and was told it's a known problem and Mazda is working on it.

Has anyone else heard of this issue?

Also, I thought the alarm would go off if the vehicle was opened manually i.e. without the remote? Am I mistaken?

Robb

Just tried it...didn't unlock, but i now have four dents in the door(stooges)

just trying it to see if it works... proves you're a ******* idiot
it's as bad as trying cigarettes a few times to see if what people are saying about cigarettes being addictive is true

this is why anyone who knows about this issue (like mazda) are NOT talking more about this and do NOT want to discuss this because of dipshits like you trying to see if you can unlock your doors or not, which means it causes a panic, creates unnecessary insurance claims, and a bigger public relations nightmare than it already is

I won't be surprised if half the door dents out there is from fucktards like you just trying to see if it works because you can't believe what was happening is true

just trying it to see if it works... proves you're a ******* idiot
it's as bad as trying cigarettes a few times to see if what people are saying about cigarettes being addictive is true

this is why anyone who knows about this issue (like mazda) are NOT talking more about this and do NOT want to discuss this because of dipshits like you trying to see if you can unlock your doors or not, which means it causes a panic, creates unnecessary insurance claims, and a bigger public relations nightmare than it already is

I won't be surprised if half the door dents out there is from fucktards like you just trying to see if it works because you can't believe what was happening is true

Dude...take a freakin' chill-pill....i've had the car for one week and was kidding...don't get your nutsack twisted(321fu)

Back