Important: Mazda3 cakewalk for thieves!

zenmaster

:
Mazda 3 Sport GT
Hi folks;

My coworker's stuff was stolen out of his 3 sedan. He thought he'd left it unlocked, but later somebody told his wife that if you kick a 3 in just the right spot it'll unlock, and sure enough there was a dent in that spot. My coworker called the dealer and was told it's a known problem and Mazda is working on it.

Has anyone else heard of this issue?

Also, I thought the alarm would go off if the vehicle was opened manually i.e. without the remote? Am I mistaken?

Robb

the vehicle doesn't have an alarm it just has keyless entry. and i have never heard of the "sweet" spot where you kick it in... sounds like bs to me.. but we shall see...

As far as I know, the anti-theft alarm system is only on GT models, not the GX or GS. The GX & GS only have the engine immobilizer system...
(Correct me if I'm wrong guys....)
So it depends on which car your co-worker has.

zenmaster said:
Hi folks;

My coworker's stuff was stolen out of his 3 sedan. He thought he'd left it unlocked, but later somebody told his wife that if you kick a 3 in just the right spot it'll unlock, and sure enough there was a dent in that spot. My coworker called the dealer and was told it's a known problem and Mazda is working on it.

Also, I thought the alarm would go off if the vehicle was opened manually i.e. without the remote? Am I mistaken?

Robb

A brick or a rock work no matter what alarm system you have. A sweet spot that makes something unlock isn't unheard of either, c4 vettes supposedly had a spot you could hit on the targa tops that would make them unlock. I just don't leave anything I'd like to keep in any of my cars.

zenmaster said:
Hi folks;

My coworker's stuff was stolen out of his 3 sedan.

Coworkers that leave their stuff in plain site are likely to have their cars broken into. Doubtful it had anything to do with it being a Mazda3.

^^^ HAHAHAHAHA! They'll look out the window and you're pounding on all their Mazda 3's lol!

rodslinger said:
Coworkers that leave their stuff in plain site are likely to have their cars broken into. Doubtful it had anything to do with it being a Mazda3.

I don't think anybody is stupid enough to be leaving valuables lying around in their car these days. That's not the issue.

If you look at car theft stats, it's not the fastest cars or the hottest cars that get stolen, it's the ones that have ignitions that are quicker and easier to punch out. And that is very much the manufacturer's fault.

Similarly, if the Mazda 3 develops a reputation as a car that's quicker and easier to break into (and better yet, without any incriminating tools) then it's going to be targeted, and again that would be the manufacturer's fault.

Robb

ok can we get the sweet spot? or a TSB from the dealer? or any proof whatsoever?
thanks! till then it sounds like BS

I'm serious, I want to know where the sweet spot is. I won't steal anything I just think it would be a fun prank to pull on people I know that drive mazda 3s haha.

lol. everyone been told or heard it from someone else, but noone has actually seen it. can you smell it?

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the original poster, my question is WHO THE HELL FIGURES THIS s*** OUT? Is there some university for the disenfranchised somewhere that has classes on how to break into cars? Do they take field trips to unattended parking lots and punch and kick cars until they happen to open one? Are they taking notes, so they will remember where the "sweet-spot" is for any they do open? I really need to know.

You're not the only one that has heard about this. My car also got broken into with no signs of forced entry except for the dent above and below the driver side door of my Mazda 3. Also I know of a friend that had this also happen to his Mazda 3 this past week...also happens to be on Vancouver Island. Myself, this happened in Vancouver. Maybe this sweet spot has been discovered only out here in the west coast.

I also heard that Mazda is looking into this and may provide a recall on all Mazda 3s to put a steel plate across this location on the door. Crossing my fingers. If this happens to anyone, best thing to do is harass your local dealer, it'll speed the recall process.

zenmaster said:
Hi folks;

Robb

Ok, Here it is..

At exactly 12:00 noon take three pigeons and two cats (One Black One White)

Sacrifice the Two cats and drape their dead bodies over the mirrors.

Then hit the front left fender with two pigeons and hit the trunk with the last one... The trunk will open..

greeneye said:
You're not the only one that has heard about this. My car also got broken into with no signs of forced entry except for the dent above and below the driver side door of my Mazda 3. Also I know of a friend that had this also happen to his Mazda 3 this past week...also happens to be on Vancouver Island. Myself, this happened in Vancouver. Maybe this sweet spot has been discovered only out here in the west coast.

I also heard that Mazda is looking into this and may provide a recall on all Mazda 3s to put a steel plate across this location on the door. Crossing my fingers. If this happens to anyone, best thing to do is harass your local dealer, it'll speed the recall process.

Ouch! good luck getting that worked out.

I've heard that Vancouver is a reeeally bad area for car theft. That and the entire west coast of the states.

Kansei said:
Ouch! good luck getting that worked out.

I've heard that Vancouver is a reeeally bad area for car theft. That and the entire west coast of the states.

East Coast FTW~! haha~ j/k =p

what the hell?
ok, i am having a hard time believeing this; especially because OP has not shown up again. And because the"corroborating" poster has 1 post and has just joined... But lets say its true... can someone explain to me where exactly it is "above and below the driver side door"??? Doesnt that involve a whole panel?

Back