Images rotated and broken

CX_MCHNE

Thread Necromancer
:
CA
:
2019 GTR
Trying to troubleshoot issues I'm having with images in my post: https://mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/rear-sway-camber-arm-install.123875651/

Many of the images are appearing in the edit view, but not in the post view. Some of them are appearing in the post view, but they're upside down or on their side. These are all jpegs taken on my phone, then downloaded from google photos, and hosted at my personal domain. The addresses are correct, the jpegs are there, the ssl cert is good, the image tags look good in the bb code view, the images appear correct in the edit view, can't figure out why they're showing broken or rotated in the post. especially since some are working fine and they're all added the same way, from the same source.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry to see this happening...Hmm...Looking into this...Will update.

Copied the link from the first image (that's currently broken) and posting it here for testing purposes...

20210604_101059.jpg

* Update: I'm seeing the same thing, image is viewable in edit view but not when posted...

Update...The first image is now showing but it appears there might be a speed/performance issue with your website/server causing images to break.

We use an image proxy system and I've bypassed your domain for the time being to see if that would help...So far it does not appear so...

If possible you may want to try hosting the broken images elsewhere (or here).

Great thread by the way, hope we can get all the images to appear eventually! 😁

Thanks for checking into this! I think the main issue may have been that I didn't downsize the images before adding them to the post :rolleyes: . I probably had 80MB of images in there, which takes a while to download from my host.
I resized and compressed them all, then removed them from the post, and re-added them to the post. On many, I had to add a dummy querystring parameter to get them to reload, but now they appear to be working. Not sure if re-enabling the proxy for my domain will change that for these (or for future posts), but for now at least they're good!

No problem! Happy all is well now...I restored the image proxy settings...I hope that doesn’t break the images, please do let me know if it does, thanks!

Back