Illumina rear adjustment?

Hraefn2005

:
-
Installed my rear illuminas last night, and for now I am leaving the rear deck and seat belt retractors disconnected, the plan is to mess with the settings at the local autocross this weekend.

My question is this. How do you guys with illuminas get to the rears to adjust them? Do you take the rear deck out every time, or has someone come up with a good place to put a hole or cut-out? Did a search and could not find anything.

Mocktard said:
Installed my rear illuminas last night, and for now I am leaving the rear deck and seat belt retractors disconnected, the plan is to mess with the settings at the local autocross this weekend.

My question is this. How do you guys with illuminas get to the rears to adjust them? Do you take the rear deck out every time, or has someone come up with a good place to put a hole or cut-out? Did a search and could not find anything.

For me I need to pull the deck off every time. I don't even have those fasteners in the rear deck anymore. I didn't see any place that could be drilled to allow easy access to change the settings cause of the seatbelts and the deck.

i was trying to figure out how we would adjust the rear....dont feel like going through that process every time i need to adjust them.... does ANYONE have a better idea?

Simplifying the removal process is a good idea. Some of those snaps probably aren't necessary. I might splice in a quick disconnect for the middle tail light, as well, as that seemed to be a pain to remove.

You could probably put a hole behind the seat and through the rear deck/side panel and be able to reach the shock top, but you would never be able to tell what setting you were on.

I was so spoiled by the KYB AGXs I had on the Miata. Reach behind the wheel and turn a knob!

It's a PITA on the sedans..The only thing I could think of is maybe modifying a remote setup from another shock/strut to the tokicos. Luckily Protege5's just require drilling a hole in the seatbelt guide. Pretty easy for us.

Settings of 3 front and 4 rear and she rotates like a dream! Now if only I could do something more about the one-wheel-tire-fire...

i just have illuminas installed on my MP3 today. my question may be quite goofy but i don't wanna mess up $700 something investments.

my setting is 5 stiffest now, i felt too bumpy on sucker socal I-10. do i do it clockwise or counterclockwise to make it 4 or even 3? i only see "do not apply excess force when adjusting..." on the manual. i have already know how difficult it is for the rear adjustment thanks for the inputs above, but can anyone who can take some pics with brief instructions? it might be a good topic on How-To section, too...

Back