If seeking 17" gen 2 wheels...

mustbemazda

Banned
Potential Scammer!
:
'22 ND MX-5 RF GT, '20 CX-5 GTA, and at least 6 prior Mazdas
Any suggestions on the best source for a set of take-off/gently used 17" OEM CX-5 Gen2 wheels? I'm planning ahead for winter with the '18 GT AWD I just got for my family's additional car/driver. I have some OEM 16"s (cheaper and unique OEM finish color when shipped from England!) mounted with winters for my ND MX-5 (why not use it on nicer days?), and I use second assemblies for all our family's other cars. Easiest and better cost over the long term to bolt on and off, not to replace rubber seasonally on one set of wheels, particularly with 19"s and our tremendous potholes hidden in winter and lower cost of high quality winter tires in the smaller 17"s size.

So, new to CX-5, I see very few sources or listings on the secondary market for a set of Gen2 17"s. Nothing close enough on the national salvage yard site, either.

I note that many Hyundai models match the Mazda CX-5 spec, unlike any other current Mazda model, only varying offset by an meaningless 2 mm, and these are commonly available locally from wrecked cars, for instance.

I don't care for a set of cheap aftermarket wheels, prefer OEM look and quality assurance of tested finish and performance - even to the point of considering running Korean wheels (with the Mazda centers) if I can't come up with 17"s from a Gen2. Usually used OEM cost less than cheapo, heavy aftermarket stuff in any case.

Thanks in advance for any guidance pointing me to some 17"s of my dreams.

Yep, open up your options. Unless 100% stock is what you want...

In the winter I run the 17" wheels from my old (RIP) 2010 3GT.

I like to stay within close tolerance to OEM specs, including offset, I guess.

Also check out used Kia Sorento wheels.
lug spacing and centerb-bore match exactly. Only slight difference in offsets and should work fine.

You'll have to double-check which years Sorento match Mazda CX5.

Last edited:
may be on ebay but cx5 gen2 17" 1x wheel is more or less around 150$+shipping. full set is costly too.
Best bet if you really want the Mazda cx5 ones is from a salvage yard or monitor the forum for sale if somebody lists a set.

by the way Discount tire has some nice new wheels which are cheaper than oems. Even though you are not interested may be take a quick look.

Last edited:
KIA or Hyundai wheels would work just fine. You could also contact some local Mazda dealerships (or KIA or Hyundai) to see if they have any "factory take-offs" from people who upgrade the wheels/tires before taking delivery of their new cars. Probably more expensive than looking for used wheels, but at least you can be sure you're getting new wheels with new TPMS sensors. Of course, you'd need to deal with unmounting the OEM tires and mounting your own, then balancing the wheels afterwards.

FB Marketplace, physical scrapyards or eBay from scrapyards like below. They'd have reasonable prices, low shipment costs (~$15 per wheel), quality inspection & grade, and a 30-day return policy if bent/cracked/leaking air.

Back