Idle drops when fans kick on

Tzar177

Contributor
My idle is fine with or without a/c on but when the a/c is on and the fans kick in, my idle drops to near stalling. The car will shake horribly. Idle returns to normal when fans turn off. I unplugged the a/c fan for some trial n error and altho it did help the idle some, it caused the car to nearly over heat. I have 2 slim fans. Anyone got ideas?

My idle is fine with or without a/c on but when the a/c is on and the fans kick in, my idle drops to near stalling. The car will shake horribly. Idle returns to normal when fans turn off. I unplugged the a/c fan for some trial n error and altho it did help the idle some, it caused the car to nearly over heat. I have 2 slim fans. Anyone got ideas?

I'm having a similar problem with mine, although my car runs better with the A/C on or when the engine is cold.

sounds like the fans are drawing to much power
maybe altinator is on its way out?

sounds like the fans are drawing to much power
maybe altinator is on its way out?

Well when my A/C is off and I shift into neutral to come I to stop, the RPM's dive extremely like (100-200) and return to about 500 or 600, which to my understanding is low for these cars. I've also noticed that I only get a CEL when the A/C is off but when on it disappears.

I have had the idle problem for a while but never with the A/C on. That was till today. I turned the A/C on and the idle just dropped to the car wanting to stall. Turned it off and it would run better but not completely. My car seems to be having this trouble with it being real hot outside.

sounds like to me your either your ac compressor is going out or its just normal. mine does the same thing with solid MM. bad enough my keys make noise in the ignition plus my steering wheel is even visibly shaking.
the fs-de is not the smoothest idling engine, throw the drag of a air conditioner into the mix, you will be able to notice.

now if its constantly kicking in and out doing that, its a different story. (low freon)

sounds like to me your either your ac compressor is going out or its just normal. mine does the same thing with solid MM. bad enough my keys make noise in the ignition plus my steering wheel is even visibly shaking.
the fs-de is not the smoothest idling engine, throw the drag of a air conditioner into the mix, you will be able to notice.

now if its constantly kicking in and out doing that, its a different story. (low freon)

How would the A/C compressor effect idle, as well as give me a CEL when A/C is off?

i was more so speaking to the OP, but for the idle problem. it takes quite a bit of effort for the engine to turn the ac compressor at an idle. PM me as to not threadjack.

has anyone updated there altinator to the higher power one and noticed any differnce?

Back