ice racing a potential!!!

Astral

Contributor
The one good thing about the cold-ass weather we've been having is that we're actually getting thickening ice on the lakes.

• SCCV (Colchester, VT), my favorite location, looks promising, maybe as early as this or next weekend. Watch this thread.
  • Boston BMW CCA (Newfound Lake, NH), haven't been here a 2nd time, current update says 18th or more likely 25th a good possiblity. Watch this space (click on "Ice Racing bulletin")
All ice racing (technically, time trials, like autocross on ice) is on Sundays.

Ice_Racing_007_cut.jpg

'tis awesome.

I did it once and had a lot of fun. However, I don't think my tranny does encore performances.

For some reason my eyes ignored the VT after Colchester. My immediate thoughts were "where the hell in Colchester CT do they ice race???"

Hambino said:
I did it once and had a lot of fun. However, I don't think my tranny does encore performances.
MEthinks it's pretty easy on your tranny (given how there's little grip).

went ice racing with astral a couple years ago and it was great******

we can see how the pacifica or jetta does on the ice******

-R

Whats ice? lol...im not gonna try to race on any lakes around here unless its in a boat. Looks like fun though:)

Protege52003 said:
went ice racing with astral a couple years ago and it was great******

we can see how the pacifica or jetta does on the ice******

-R
Pacifica prolly exceeds the weight limit but the Jetta might do alright.

maybe you're joking, but the Pacifica will do just fine. we had a ford explorer bustin' moves the last time i went in vermont.

Ok then...I know the NY guys have a weight restriction to get on the ice...but then again, they are all on the track at the same time.

OK, looks like the Vermont guys are running it this weekend, but I can't come. I think I'll shoot for NH next weekend, which is looking to be a good possibility.

not that I think they will fall through or anything but......has anyone else noticed how many accidents there have been with people falling through the ice this year? Maybe its just in CT....in like the past 3 weeks I think I have heard of a person falling through the ice and 2 people on ATVs on separate occasions. Cant remember ever really hearing about this sort of thing in the past.

I think that in the past it was way colder and so the ice was way thicker. People are probably thinking: "well last time around February the ice was fine."

That looks like so much fun. Despite that, I don't miss winter at all!

Astral said:
OK, looks like the Vermont guys are running it this weekend, but I can't come. I think I'll shoot for NH next weekend, which is looking to be a good possibility.

i'm interested :) i need someone to show me how to do it. are helmets required?

Not sure if I'm going to be able to make any weekend this winter. Can't do this weekend because I'm inheriting furniture from my parents. The weekend after that I am going to Florida for a wedding. I don't have anything the weekend of the 3rd (yet) but the 10th and 17th I have packed with stuff.

I can barely get around town, let alone on ice. Make a note, do not rely on Fuzion ZRi's for any sort of winter driving.

Back