ice racing a potential!!!

jred321 said:
i'm interested :) i need someone to show me how to do it. are helmets required?
if youre' going to vermont, then they require a helmet, but they usually have loaners available. if you're going to NH (bmw club), then they do not require a helmet. I guess requiring a helmet in VT leads to cheaper club insurance (as unnecessary as it may be).

There isn't much to knowing how to ice race, just go out there andyou'll get the hang of it. Esp. in the Evo, you will find it quite easy to go sideways and not stray off TOO far :)

i cant imagine being the UNDERWRITER (look at that, using newly learned terminology...but not neccesarily correctly) for this policy....

"Im sorry you are a rag tag car club and you want to offer ICE RACING??? As in RACING...on ICE?"

"Well yes sir, its actually on a frozen lake"

"AJSHSHSAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"We will be wearing helmets though..."

"oh fine then...i cant see any problem with racing cars on a frozen lake as long as you are wearing helmets"

hahaha! at some point, some dude from the coast guard was grilling the organizer about whether they know their s*** in terms of ice thickness and what not.

"we throw an empty beer can out onto the lake, and if it hits the surface and slides, instead of splashing down, filling with water, and sinking.......we know we're good to go"

For real though, these people know their s***, and the coast guard dude was even impressed. Trust me, you'll be fine, unless you speed off far away into the lake, into some unmeasured territory, where you're on your own.

Yeah it is a lot of fun, I went a couple years ago. It is in your best interest to bring studded tires though. I was going nowhere fast.

Back