IAG performance, Westminster MD

Biggs

:
Mazdaspeed3 '09 True Red
hey just seeing if anyone here has ever taken their Speed3 to this chop before.
They primarily do Subarus but they have parts and services for the Speed3 as well. I was thinking of taking it up there to have some work done.

if anyones got comments about them, lemmie hear it.

http://www.iagperformance.com/

I hope they are different people than the old inhabitants of that location. If they are the same people that ran EIP Tuning but now under a new name I would stay away from them. In fact I would run away as fast as you can.

If you want to know more just google EIP Tuning you'll quickly understand why.

Last edited:
geez i hope not... tho, after doing a search on them. It seems they were involved in VWs.
The IAG guys cater mostly to Suabru, little but of Mazda and Mitsu.

I have a co-worker that went to IAG for an alignment and corner balance, a cobb ap, and a tint job... said they were decent. So I thought I'd ask if anyone else used them.

all types of stuff. First off im gonna get A/S tires put on, then tints and later, a CAI or even a Turbo Inlet.... COBB AP possibly. The IAG guys do all that so i figured it would be a good place to go.

did u mean "japerfomance"?... becuase jeperfomance isnt showing up in my search... where is it located?

Last edited:
all types of stuff. First off im gonna get A/S tires put on, then tints and later, a CAI or even a Turbo Inlet.... COBB AP possibly. The IAG guys do all that so i figured it would be a good place to go.

did u mean "japerfomance"?... becuase jeperfomance isnt showing up in my search... where is it located?

def je performance. it's in gaithersburg i think.. great place. reputable shop.. i think IAG charges too much.. http://www.jeimportperformance.com/

got to D&L for the tint, they gurantee their stuff, not too expensive, and you can buy a three year no fault warranty on their tint (if you mess up the tint they replace for free). I scratched my tint, went in, showed them the paperwork and they replaced it and I paid nothing.

got to D&L for the tint, they gurantee their stuff, not too expensive, and you can buy a three year no fault warranty on their tint (if you mess up the tint they replace for free). I scratched my tint, went in, showed them the paperwork and they replaced it and I paid nothing.

my girlfriend got her tint at d/l also..good stuff. i think if you get the d&l brand, it's a lifetime warranty.

lifetime warranty against bubbling, peeling, cracking, or turning purple. the warranty i paid extra for allows me to have it replaced if i mess it up by scratching it, or using the wrong cleaner or whatever

haha, funny u mentioned D&L. my dearship suggested I go there... but I was a little suspect. now Ill check it out...

does anyone have the paint protection film on their car? I wanna get it done to mine, i already have 2 small chips on the front and I've only had this car 3 weeks!!

Anyone have D&L contact info? I've got a few chips in my current tint and I may want to go to 20% from 35%.

http://www.dltinting.com/

I am torn regarding D&L. I got mine done about a week after getting my MS3 and while I don't have huge complaints about the quality, I am not 100% happy either. Admittedly, I am quite picky, maybe even anal, when it comes to quality, so I may be expecting too much. Basically, after waiting the requisite several days to let it dry, I went back because I still had bubbles. I think what bothered me was the guy was a bit dismissive when I mentioned the bubbles saying they would eventually go away. They smoothed out the bigger ones, but I still have quite a few very small bubbles that annoy me -- though most are not noticeable when I am driving the car -- more so when I am cleaning the car and cleaning each window do I notice.

So, maybe I am a picky SOB... who knows.

All that said, I would say D&L gets at least a 7 out of 10 from me. If in fact I am a picky SOB then definitely higher. My only other regret is that they warned that 35% wouldn't really be 35% if it was ever tested... and I chickened out and went with 50%. 50% is still better than nothing but looking back I should have just gone with 35% and risked it.

^go back again, i had that and the dude there said that it was dirt or dust underneath the film. which location did you go to? the one in parkville (towson) is good, that is where I went

haha, funny u mentioned D&L. my dearship suggested I go there... but I was a little suspect. now Ill check it out...

does anyone have the paint protection film on their car? I wanna get it done to mine, i already have 2 small chips on the front and I've only had this car 3 weeks!!

I don't but i want it, i just dont have enough money to get the front resprayed and then immediately go there and get the cover applied.

http://www.dltinting.com/

I am torn regarding D&L. I got mine done about a week after getting my MS3 and while I don't have huge complaints about the quality, I am not 100% happy either. Admittedly, I am quite picky, maybe even anal, when it comes to quality, so I may be expecting too much. Basically, after waiting the requisite several days to let it dry, I went back because I still had bubbles. I think what bothered me was the guy was a bit dismissive when I mentioned the bubbles saying they would eventually go away. They smoothed out the bigger ones, but I still have quite a few very small bubbles that annoy me -- though most are not noticeable when I am driving the car -- more so when I am cleaning the car and cleaning each window do I notice.

So, maybe I am a picky SOB... who knows.

All that said, I would say D&L gets at least a 7 out of 10 from me. If in fact I am a picky SOB then definitely higher. My only other regret is that they warned that 35% wouldn't really be 35% if it was ever tested... and I chickened out and went with 50%. 50% is still better than nothing but looking back I should have just gone with 35% and risked it.

They told me the same thing about the tint because they said the car already had some tint on it. I had to go with the 50% cause it was being inspected and had failed because the previous owner had put on the cheap pep boys do it yourself tint and had put on about 20% tint. So getting the 50% it ends up being about 40% tint

^go back again, i had that and the dude there said that it was dirt or dust underneath the film. which location did you go to? the one in parkville (towson) is good, that is where I went

I went to the one in White Marsh. I should go back, but I've just been lazy lately.

the guys on joppa road quoted me for ~900 for the total package tints and paint protection.... looks like I wont be getting it done anytime soon.

I have to get those chips touched up before this anyway.

also back to the IAG performance guys... they say they dont do mazdaspeed3 protunes but the guys at COBB said that if they do any protunes at all then they will be able to use the accessTUNE race map to do a pro tune, and it should be an issue. ... still waiting to hear back from the shop about it.

the guys on joppa road quoted me for ~900 for the total package tints and paint protection.... looks like I wont be getting it done anytime soon.

I have to get those chips touched up before this anyway.

also back to the IAG performance guys... they say they dont do mazdaspeed3 protunes but the guys at COBB said that if they do any protunes at all then they will be able to use the accessTUNE race map to do a pro tune, and it should be an issue. ... still waiting to hear back from the shop about it.

yuck. if they dont do it. i wouldn't chance it..

my buddy w/ a subaru got his tuned there.. the thing is, they flew someone in to tune it.. from cali.. so they themselves dont do s*** for tunes.. i wouldn't trust that.

Yeah i havent heard good things about IAG but if you need some stuff done let me know and i got a that tints for me and hes been doing for 6years hes flawless hes tinted ferrais bentleys all types of extoic cars and has tinted alot of speed3 and speed 6 so let me know if you need anything. also ive worked on quite a few speed 3s

Back