I need Your HELP

jasbadmp3

:
mazda,mp3
hey Guys And Girls im building my mp3 for boost but i have a low budget to do this with im looking for a cheap way to tune my n/a motor for boost the speed shop in my area is telling my i need some kind of fuel managment and all i have is a safc what do you guy recemend for this upgrade please help me out

thanks Joel :)(mp3blue)

With the SS AFC your alowed to
* Eliminates hesitation and stumble under acceleration
* Can control larger fuel injectors
* Easy and clean installation
* Internal MAP sensor for smoother and more precise tuning up to 16 PSI!
* Records data logs with wideband readings to your computer for offline tuning
* PC tunable by both the end user and a shop

I don't know to much about the apexi safc II only that it Modifies air-flow meter signal (pressure signal in some vehicles) to optimize fuel-air ratio; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD). Also the S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %.

Last edited:
The difference is that you can actually use the SS unit with the Protege. The APEXi ones don't work with our cars, or no one has gotten it to work yet at least.

If you're gonna boost, you'll want to swap the MP3 ECU for a MSP one. The timing on the MP3 ECU is way too advanced for boost, and tuning a NA ECU is with a piggy back is a bit of a challenge. MSP ECU + SS AFC = easy tuning.

There is a guy on this forum that does ECU reflashes for $150. SpicyorangeMSP is his username and he can flash your ECU to MSP spec.

ok do you guys think i can get away with just a msp ecu for this im only running 7 psi and i looked at protege garage and the splitsecond afc witch one do i need if i need it

MSP ECU alone will do the trick, but it won't run that good. Most people experience pretty bad fuel cut, and the SS AFC takes care of it. If you buy one, get the AFC (air/fuel) not the FTC (fuel/timing).

Back