I did it again

My wife and I bought a new 2007 5 and pretty much ran it into the ground. It only had about 130k and it didn’t have any major mechanical work or problems. But the AC went south and we traded it in when we got a new car.

We have been living with one car during the pandemic and it has been fine. But my daughter just turned 16 and we needed another car.

I was hesitant as I was enjoying having less debt... But we did need it.

I saw a 2006 Mazda5 in the local paper. It wasn’t even on CL. Long story short I spent a week cleaning it up. I was happy to learn that all the suspension (crap) was replaced this year. I am sure that is good for a couple years :)

The car only has 53k and is in nice condition. For 15 years it is in fantastic condition.

Funny enough, both our first one and this one are white touring models. This one has a fancier rear view mirror but otherwise it looks identical. I wonder if my neighbors are scratching their heads :)

I am sure I will ask a few questions soon.

Eeek, you gave your daughter a car that can carry 5 of her friends? And big enough for her to do god-knows-what-else in? 😲 I'm planning to get my kid(s) the silly little Honda CRZ hybrid -- slow as heck can be, cheap to,will only hold the 2 of them, and no more.

Ha. I definitely get where you are coming from! Just from a new driver perspective I don’t want her to have kids in the car.
We are pretty lucky in that she needs it to go to debate tournaments…

Ha. I definitely get where you are coming from! Just from a new driver perspective I don’t want her to have kids in the car.
We are pretty lucky in that she needs it to go to debate tournaments…
Take solace in that the Mazda5 is not exactly a 'cool' car buuut she's still a teen and rules of biology still apply.

If any Canadian '09-'10 GT 5pd looking to move to the East cost and want to off load your old car, hit me up!

Back