How To: Wire Interior Neons

anyone wanna post a picture explaining all this pleasE? i hab no idea what you guys are talking about...connecting the neons to the dome lights? and the drivers side map lights?

Can someone post how to wire (interior neons, etc) into the factory light switches? Ie....neons on with cluster/Ac control lights on. thnnx

I tapped into my fog light switch in the car. Pretty darn easy, but it only goes on if I switch on my parking lights, but who the hell has neons on in the day time anyways.

i was at walmart the other day and saw those blue tube lights that are for the lamps, like tha lava lamps and those novelty lamps (hope u kno wut im talken bout) and seen that they ran for about $8, thats alot cheaper than those neon tubes.
any chance you could wire those to your car somewhere and have them work?

and where can u find those power distruibution blocks for cheap?

Khoga said:
i was at walmart the other day and saw those blue tube lights that are for the lamps, like tha lava lamps and those novelty lamps (hope u kno wut im talken bout) and seen that they ran for about $8, thats alot cheaper than those neon tubes.
any chance you could wire those to your car somewhere and have them work?

and where can u find those power distruibution blocks for cheap?
U can just about hook up any type of light, just as long as theres a positive and a ground wire. But be sure it's low wattage lights. As for power distribution blocks, I bought mines at Pep-Boys that you can connect up to 6 lights. It wasn't cheap I think it was like $24. So far I only have two red neons (perfect since they match the interior lighting) one under the steering wheel and one under the glove box. I'll hook up two more under the seats, and try to figure out wiring one in the trunk area.

Oh, trying to get power from the cig-lighter is very hard. My first try was to get power from there but it takes so much effort to tap into there because you'll need to remove the entire radio console and splice the wires off the cig-lighter (I may try it next time).

Last edited:
digitalpro5 said:
Oh, trying to get power from the cig-lighter is very hard. My first try was to get power from there but it takes so much effort to tap into there because you'll need to remove the entire radio console and splice the wires off the cig-lighter (I may try it next time).

We just alwayz use the fuses, some stupid s*** could happen though

neon speaker ring wiring

Hey i got some neon bass rings(4), work very well and was wondering a easier way to wire them. Currently/how they came:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 382
Door/dome light?

Has anyone come up with the actual wiring for the light to come on with the door and then go off, yet. I have more than enough cold cathode lights and LEDs to do what I want , I plan to use a fuse block for the lights , well at least for the cold cathodes with inverters, but I too would like the lights to come on only while the dome light is on. has any one found an easy to get to 12v that works?

GuntherMP5 said:
Has anyone come up with the actual wiring for the light to come on with the door and then go off, yet. I have more than enough cold cathode lights and LEDs to do what I want , I plan to use a fuse block for the lights , well at least for the cold cathodes with inverters, but I too would like the lights to come on only while the dome light is on. has any one found an easy to get to 12v that works?
All you should have to do is wire into the courtesy light power, I am not sure where to tap the wire though.

digitalpro5 said:
I tapped into my fog light switch in the car. Pretty darn easy, but it only goes on if I switch on my parking lights, but who the hell has neons on in the day time anyways.

How'd you do that?

now THAT sounds like a great idea. but how would you turn off the neons if you didn't want them on at the same time as the fogs - say . . . grandma's in the car and can't stand the light.

Bringing this thread back to life...

Did anyone figure out exactly which wires to tap into to have the neons on with the dome light?

Thanks in advance.

ZapWizard said:
All you should have to do is wire into the courtesy light power, I am not sure where to tap the wire though.

This is good idea, anyone knows how to do this ?

Thanks

I had wired my lights in a long time ago, and I wired them into a constant 12V power source in the fusebox. There are a few circuits that are constant on and aren't being used, but I don't know the numbers off hand. Note this will truly only work if youre using an interface, or you have a switch wired into the circuit. I installed 4 Varad 6" Red LED lightbars. The only problem with LEDs are that the lighting is directional, so you have to mount them and actually aim the lights.

I'd like to revive this thread a little...

-does anyone know where we can tap power from the courtesy lights.. aside from the lights themselves??

-for exterior lighting.. would it work if I wanted to have a switch inside teh car that runs on the ground wire to the negative terminal on the battery and to the negative on the light? and the positive wire going from the battery to the positive on the light?

-which fuses inside the driver-side fuse-box are constant and un-used 12v ??

i power my 2 interior neons with the drivers side fuse box, running all the cabling up to my 4 CF covered switches above the deck. i dont have a manual on me to tell u which fuse has power always on tho. its a very nice switch panel... 1 for sub, 2 for int neons, and 1 for my underbody front-lip neon. you can pm me if u wanna know how i hooked it all up and what i used for the switch panel

Last edited:
Back