Guide How to turn Mazda connectivity off and disable data collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
(sarcasm) But I don't want the gubberment to know who/where I am or what I'm doing......Typed on my cell phone. :) (end sarcasm).

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. Mazda CANNOT share your data (location, acceleration, speed, steering/brake input, odometer, fuel level etc.) with a .......

I don't think there is a misunderstanding. Some of us don't want any data collection, at all, for any reason.

Perhaps Mazda can't sell my data without violating their stated policy, but who ever heard of a company violating their policies?! Can you spell f'book?

I've had one Toyota. I cut the CAN wire to the air bag module so it couldn't access ECU data.

actually one could verify that its off :)
What it collected prior to that point is what one cant verify.
But every new car is/will be like this very soon. Every single EV is like this too. No choice to escape that in 5-10yrs and when they stop making parts for older cars (already happening) you see you wouldnt have a choice.
Its like the smart phone evolved in the past 20yrs

Or, you can buy a degoogled smartphone.

Ok, I think this topic has run its course. Please PM me if there is any more relevant information to add and I will add it to the thread (or unlock it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back