How to take 2023 CX-5 Center Console apart?

Anyone have info on how to take the center console apart, especially the driver's side panel. The panel your right leg leans against. Exploded diagram, written explanation, personal experience?

Attached.

I should point out that this was for a 2019 CX-5. You don't say what year your car is, so it may be different.

Attachments

• CONSOLE SIDE PANEL REMOVAL INSTALLATION.pdf
    249.5 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
RedBaron, thanks, Mine is a 23. You have given me a good start. Have you done this? Obviously, my fear is breaking some hidden plastic clips. I didn't realize that the top corner of the side panel appears to be a separate part. Thanks, Again. Tom

RedBaron, thanks, Mine is a 23. You have given me a good start. Have you done this? Obviously, my fear is breaking some hidden plastic clips. I didn't realize that the top corner of the side panel appears to be a separate part. Thanks, Again. Tom
Heh, well in answer to your question: Post Pictures of Your Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

But - at least for my '19, the clips seem pretty robust with little risk of breakage (as long as you take care).

Again though, your '23 may differ.

RedBaron, thanks for the diagram. Easily removed the upper trim piece. Unfortunately, visually verified that doing the modification in mind was not going to go like I had hoped. Thanks anyway. Another request, I want to add footwell LED lighting. The factory option (23 Carbon) is expensive and rather extensive. If you have a wiring diagram showing the wire ID and location for the circuit that turns on the map lights in the overhead console when you open the door that would be great. Just need to find the find the right wire. Will add a relay if necessary. My ultimate plan is to purchase the 24 hour access to the service manual and spend a few hours electronically copying all I can. When I do, I will gladly share it with you if you are interested. Thanks, Tom

Back