HOW TO: Install TRZ DogBone Rear MotorMount

^^ Thank u! and your welcome! Glad you found it useful! What are your thoughts on the mount?? Let us know!!

=)

^AWESOME^

have fun, and good luck with the install! report back in when you get'er done!

Spot on! Used this to do my CS inserts. I used scissor jack method cause I didn't wanna mess with the bolts on the tranny. Either way super easy, great write up!

installed today thanks for the write up. The most difficult part was moving the tranny fwd. I used a long slender piece of wood just to gain some leverage with one hand to move it forward while maneuvering the mount out with the other a little unconventional but it worked. It seemed easier to get the dog bone in this way too. Didn't use loctite instead I used anti-seize compound on the threads so I can remove it if needed. I've seen others before snap bolt heads trying to remove. I plan on checking the bolts to make sure nothing relaxed and became loose.

Immediate impressions. First at start up ... I now know what you all mean ... its like I woke her up. Seconds shifting 1st to 2nd was like spreading butter. I almost felt like I was driving my accord again.

This is pretty comforting because I didn't use loctite when I installed my CS MM inserts. I torqued the bolts to 70 ft. lbs. I'll just give them a check when I do my oil in about 1000 miles. It still feels really solid.

dude, OP, how the hell did you get your car on the jack stands? for the love of god I can't even get the damn car up...

you need to jack up your car, and put the jack stands on the steel lip that juts out. the jacking points i use are right near the front of the vehicle. if you look where my jack stand is located on the picture on the front page, that's the general area you want to jack up from. oh yeah, make sure you place chock blocks on the back of your car... ;-)

This is pretty comforting because I didn't use loctite when I installed my CS MM inserts. I torqued the bolts to 70 ft. lbs. I'll just give them a check when I do my oil in about 1000 miles. It still feels really solid.

I didn't use loctite either.. but will keep an eye on it everytime I am under the car.

I was amazed at how easy this install was! Took me like 20 mins with jacking up the car, doing the install and lowering the car back down.

wow this literally took me ~10 minutes if that
rhino ramps FTW

just undid both bolts, took pliers to pull the stock mount out
new one went in easily twisted, then twist it the way it's gonna mount
blue locktite, torqued both to 80lbs and done.

i was expecting MAJOR vibes since so many people complain about it
but the vibes aren't bad at all, even if they don't break in, i wouldn't notice it really. now i havent used the a/c yet so we'll see about that in the summer when i need it.

wow this literally took me ~10 minutes if that
rhino ramps FTW

just undid both bolts, took pliers to pull the stock mount out
new one went in easily twisted, then twist it the way it's gonna mount
blue locktite, torqued both to 80lbs and done.

i was expecting MAJOR vibes since so many people complain about it
but the vibes aren't bad at all, even if they don't break in, i wouldn't notice it really. now i havent used the a/c yet so we'll see about that in the summer when i need it.

hows the driving impressions? (2thumbs)

definitely feels more connected to the road
torque steer isn't as bad as before
vibes aren't bad at all, whoever thinks they are to bad needs
to take the sand out of their vag1na :)

only thing that's weird is you hear a LOT more of the noises
coming from the engine/tranny now.

i still need to find time to put the side mount in, waiting on the tripod piece before i do it tho, hopefully by then someone will have a how to with pics up ;D

oh and upon inspecting my stock rear motor mount, i didn't have any cracks in the rubber like some others, mine looked ok.

Christ I can't wait to do this.

I don't own a torque wrench though. I was at autozone, and 3/8 driver by greatneck is ~$20. Is this par for the course? It's also in pound inches, not feet, 120 - 960. I assume then that 960 pound inches / 12 = 80 lb-ft?

I'd prefer a plain ol' lb-ft torque wrench, and the more I go to autozone the more my impression is it's rather s***. I'm going to an O'Reilly's on the way home to see what they have. Any tips for junior mechanix?

Sorry if these are basic questions, I just don't want to do something glaringly stupid...

Back