How-To install a turbo timer * Write up *

Hey ezekiel,

I'm assuming when you put it in the cig compartment you had to cup the back out right, I check it out today and it seems like it will be very short to put a type 1 or 0 in that space without cutting the back.

Very clean install, that's what I had in mind, just wasn't sure if I want to cut it just yet.

Hey ezekiel,

I'm assuming when you put it in the cig compartment you had to cup the back out right, I check it out today and it seems like it will be very short to put a type 1 or 0 in that space without cutting the back.

Very clean install, that's what I had in mind, just wasn't sure if I want to cut it just yet.

yea that was probably the hardest part during the install haha. angling the dremel was kinda difficult. but we got it. it was worth cutting i think. i dont smoke anyway.

looks great, plus it's stealthy don't have to worry about someone messing with it, each mod that I do is always done with the saying out of sight out of mind. I guess great minds think alike. NICE JOB!

looks great, plus it's stealthy don't have to worry about someone messing with it, each mod that I do is always done with the saying out of sight out of mind. I guess great minds think alike. NICE JOB!

haha thanks man. i took the bulb out too cause whenever it was on it was pretty bright. annoyed me.

Does anyone know which timers offer the "full auto" mode? I park in an underground garage, and by the time I'm ready to shut down I've been under 1000rpm's for a few minutes, so cooling is not necessary. Would be nice to have a unit that calculates this instead of just staying on every time.

If you can find where to hook up the RPM wire then your golden. You do know that your only required to let it idle for like 60 sec right? anything beyond that is only if you've driven the piss out of it.

Ezekiel,

Yeah that's a great idea, didn't think about the bulb. oh well I'll let you know how mine turns out when I'm done with it.

Hey any chance you guys know where I can find those pesky T-Taps? I've searched every where. No one seems to know where to get them. Not those cheap clam type of taps.

I got mine from Autozone. I think it was about $5 to 4 taps (4 clamps and 4 spades). You just use pliers to snap them down, crimp the wire onto the spade, and insert the spade (it locks in place). Tah-dah..... hope this helps! This was a SUPER CLEAN install!!

0901081847.jpg

If you can find where to hook up the RPM wire then your golden. You do know that your only required to let it idle for like 60 sec right? anything beyond that is only if you've driven the piss out of it.

Yeah, I've been resting for about 30 sec after using any turbo, (above 2500rpm), but I think I'm going for the HKS Type-1 that calculates more variables. For a little over 100$ I get piece of mind.

Hey Nite, I always run the car for NO less then a minute actually myself, unless I'm in a hurry. I'm going to install a type 0 HKS, its got presets for 1 to 10 minutes been using the type 1 for over 10 years and never had a problem, but never could figure out why pay more money for more stuff you don't need I guess. anyhow I would say just go with the one that suits your needs and your golden. Good luck.

so... my 1st mod to my ms3 is a timer ... i picked up the ark design timer...the wire diagram that came with it was crap... it has a three prong connector (2 vertical 1 horizontal) needless to say i couldnt find it under the dash where its posta b .... ark said that all cars out of japan has it or some crap...anyway the diagram that it cam with didnt lable what thoes wires r 4 ne advice would be appriciated

wow I have never heard of that brand, best thing to do is check it with a voltmeter and battery to see which is which. Sorry couldn't be more helpful

Umm... I hope I'm not Master of the Obvious, but does this mean you can't leave the car with reverse or first locked in? Just the ebrake? In which case, this is tricky if you're parking on an incline?

well in cases like that I sit and wait it out, otherwise say a nice prayer and hope ur emergency brake holds!

HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!! Im having the same problem that Lestat is, and that is everything is hooked up the unit powers up, but turns off with the car, very strange. I have mine spliced into the brake assembly, but the damn thing just will not stay on after you turn OFF the key. What can it be????? Its the same HKS 0 that Lestat used, and same problem, I have checked and recheked and checked again all my connections but the damn thing just doesn't want to work with me. ANY THOUGHTS on what's causing it.?

Hey Les,

Mine is spliced into the brake, here's what I'm stumped on. Turn power on, everything works great, release the brake and the unit turns off...okay that means I'm getting main 12v to the unit and it's properly grounding. Now the turbo timers main purpose is to keep the ignition 12v flowing until it's interrupted by the timer count down. now I've read yours and this thread over and over and I can only conclude that maybe I'm not getting power from the Ign wire? cuz when I metered it it read constant 12v from blk/red wire with key off, and Ign and Acc is 0V with key off, however I didn't check to see if the IGN wire to see if it's pulling 12V with key ON. Obviously the Acc wire is getting power? since the unit stays on UNTIL you key off. What do you think???

I think we have confused each other, try this. run some extra wire from a ground over to where you hook into the ebrake. if everything works perfectly you know its a problem with the ebrake wire. if its still cutting off when it shouldn't, you know its a problem with your 12v.

Try that and let's see where that puts us

Back