How To: Install A Tachometer

Hi, I'm a newbe here with an old old Mazda. It's a 1990 323 Hatchback. I bought it to go back and forth to work. Runs like a champ. Now my question. I purchased a Sun Tach on Ebay. It's got a four pronged plug sticking out the back. How do I hook this thing up to my 323? Any help will be deeply appreciated. ---- Joel (fogie1)

The Wires Should Be

Power
Ground
Light
Signal

You only need three for it to work. I'm not a 323 expert but if the car has a distributor, the wire should be able to be hooked to the coil...

Brian,
Could you be more specific? The car has a distributor. How do I hook the tach to the coil? How can if determine which pin is which?

As you can see, I need help.

Here is a tread from 2003 that might help...

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31940

I instlled my EIC-2 like some 3 Years ago, I have forgotten the wire color that I tied into, but remember, I also installed an Autometer Tach Adapter so my install will be diferent to yours. I know it is posible but I was a bit of a Pioneer breaking trail when I did my car because there was NOTHING for the new Generation Protege in 2002..

A Distributor will be round and facing the front of the car attached to the head over the Ex Manifold.

Coil Packs are two black boxes bolted to the top of the motor. There are only two visible Spark Plug Wires...

Latest posts

Back