how to foglight mod. *with pics*

The parking lights/head lights have to be on to be able to toggle the fogs with this mod.

On another note, I have HID fogs, and with this mod your keyless entry with cause your fogs to flicker. This isn't good for HID's since the frequent ballast igniting causes wear and tear. I'm going to have to reverse this mod unfortunately.

wait what does this have to do with ur keyless entry??

im pretty certain it does not......it flashes the turn signals not foglights.

I did this mod step by step and for some reason my fog HIDs flicker twice, just like the turn signal when using the keyless lock/unlock.

I did this mod step by step and for some reason my fog HIDs flicker twice, just like the turn signal when using the keyless lock/unlock.

thats pretty weird because all this mod does is it turns your fog lights on with parking lights...

I just realized what is happening. If you turn you car off with the fog lights toggled on, they will flash if you use your keyless entry because they are linked to your parking lights now. If you toggle your fogs off, they wont flash with the keyless entry.

I just realized what is happening. If you turn you car off with the fog lights toggled on, they will flash if you use your keyless entry because they are linked to your parking lights now. If you toggle your fogs off, they wont flash with the keyless entry.

just turn your fogs off...

this is basically the mod i did... and it does nothing with my fogs when i lock the car. i leave my fog switch in the on position all the time.

this is basically the mod i did... and it does nothing with my fogs when i lock the car. i leave my fog switch in the on position all the time.

Same with my car, the fogs don't flash but I didn't have to disable DRLs, just hooked up the one red wire to the fog switch.

just installed my low beam hids and this is a great mod to keep your car looking good with out turning on your hids.

Here is my pictures after I did the "mod"....
22069_1204197750557_1397028838_3051.jpg

CIMG0037.jpg

w/highbeams

Last edited:
do the parking lights have to be on for them to come on or are they on wenever u wan them 2 with the key on

The foglights will only come on by using the lever for the park/head lights. You will need to wire up the red wire to a constant power source (that shuts off with the ignition) such as the cig lighter for them to come on anytime with the foglight switch. If you do it that way, you still have to ground out the green/white wire coming off the switch if you want them to work with high beams.

Last edited:
Just did this mod, works great! Thanks for doing this writeup!

Two things I want to mention: I have a 2002 U.S. model (no DRLs) and my fogs do not flash when I use keyless entry. Also, my first attempt was unsuccessful because I did not realize that you have to splice INTO the green/black wire, meaning the green/black wire has to remain intact and continuous as well as connected to the new wire you are connecting. Hope this helps clarify for the next guy who does this mod!

All in all, very happy that I can finally use my fogs for their intended purpose, independent of headlights!

Back