How much power does a complete stock MSP get to the wheels?

bone stock my dyno was 134whp/154wtq @ 6psi
i think i had a boost leak somewhere, and i think my car badly needs a tune up heh.

depends on the weather, elevation, fuel and if the IC is heat soaked.

Yea if it's cold, some people have hit 160+ hp or tq. And with the intercooler not heatsoaked, as in start the car let it run for 1-2mins then dyno it, you should be able to atleast hit 160hp.

StockDYNO.jpg

I have always heard these cars run rich, but OUCH! No wonder why there is so much hesitation...

Oh yeah its retarded rich. Thats the stock dyno with nothing done to the car. The WB pegged 9 or something insane like that hence the massive hesitation...

maybe im just a tard, but doesnt that graph show it running hella lean?

Everyday I am reminded of this poor tuning when I hit the gas pedal. Turbo motors can run safely at 11-12 A/F Ratio. I know 9 is being super safe, but man...

look at the stock IC, the extra fuel is for cooling the intake charge. it was their first mazdaspeed car and they expected most owners to bring it to a track and be at WOT for hours on end. Lean afrs + hot intake temp = death. Rich afrs + high intake temps = sluggish at times, but at least you make it around the track in 1 piece.

The car has to be able to survive driving around a track all day long in texas heat with your foot to the floor. leaner = more warranty claims

Back