2017~2024 How does our new CX-5 send mileage info to MyMazda.com

So as the title says we are just wondering how MyMazda.com get updated mileage information. Is the vehicle using our cell data over the BT connection or does the CX-5 have its own cellular or wifi modem?

There's no connection like that, pretty sure. It's an educated computer algorithm / guess. Mazda knows I drive xx miles per year as I've been there 2 or 3 times. So they just math it up.

There's no connection like that, pretty sure. It's an educated computer algorithm / guess. Mazda knows I drive xx miles per year as I've been there 2 or 3 times. So they just math it up.

Nope, I can tell you that it is spot on and we have been putting a lot of miles on this brand new vehicle. There is no way they would have any idea how many miles we have driven, so somehow that data is being sent to them.

Did you go to dealers for services?
If yes, dealers do enter your service records to myMazda.com by matching your VIN.

Doubt it's being sent because mine is off by about 1000 miles. I've only been back to my dealer once for something they owed me within the first week of owning it. I'm at about 1700 miles

It has mine double the miles that I actually have. After I go in for service I will see if it gets adjusted.

After each dealer visit the miles info gets to mymazda and carfax for service/historical records.
Until next dealer visit its rough estimate miles/previous months what you see.
If you stop driving and login in a month as in my case mymazda car info will show more miles than you actually are.
You can also manually enter/change the miles info on mymazda.
Its only for informational purposes more or less.

Nope, I can tell you that it is spot on and we have been putting a lot of miles on this brand new vehicle. There is no way they would have any idea how many miles we have driven, so somehow that data is being sent to them.
I'll bet you're the only one "spot on". Mines about 1,000 off.
If they were sending any info to Mazda this would have to be disclosed somewhere. You would have had to agree to it.

Yes, just a guess on Mazda part - CX-5 is off by 1200 and Miata is off by 2k - both have not been to a dealer in a long time.

it's based on the input you gave it when you registered in the 'daily miles driven' question and then updated via dealer input during services.
don't worry, Mazda hasn't completely gone all Big Brother on you. Yet.

cars are not ther yet ..at least most for now....
while insurance with their spying devices that supposedely save you $$ on the insurance are already doing it :)

It is already here. Hyundai has it and called Blue link. Some other car manufacturers called it something else.

It has mine double the miles that I actually have. After I go in for service I will see if it gets adjusted.

Same here. I just got my first "Due for service" email.

Uh, not I'm not. Not for awhile. Not yet halfway there.

Back