how do u install boost gauge?

yea i wouldnt want a big pod of gauges hitting my face in a accident...i saw a nice 2 gauge pod for the steering column but its 120......very clean tho and i might consider it...i duno what other gauge to get tho....boost and what else?

Pro-sport boost gauge wiring

SharkDiver said:
Its the same on the MS3.

How did you wire up the two lighting wires? Reason I ask is because I can't seem to get the white light to come on at all for daylight use. I get amber all the time when the orange wire is hooked up to the headlights but the white doesn't seem to do anything. I do see during boot up the white background lighting but just at that time. My white doesn't seem to work at all. If I run it by itself to a known 12 volt source the gauge won't even power up. The orange wire by itself will power up the gauge and then stay amber for night time use. Let me know what and where you wired yours to. Thanks.(encourage

f50spyder said:
How did you wire up the two lighting wires? Reason I ask is because I can't seem to get the white light to come on at all for daylight use. I get amber all the time when the orange wire is hooked up to the headlights but the white doesn't seem to do anything. I do see during boot up the white background lighting but just at that time. My white doesn't seem to work at all. If I run it by itself to a known 12 volt source the gauge won't even power up. The orange wire by itself will power up the gauge and then stay amber for night time use. Let me know what and where you wired yours to. Thanks.(encourage
I didnt even hook up the white wire because I knew I didnt want to use it.I wired the amber wire to a open fuse spot in the engine bay fuse box.Go look at there web page for directions on how to hook up a boost gauge.I dont have my directions here anymore.

Shark

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me where the ignition switch(+) is?

cause my gauge should connet with it, but i still cannot find it, thank a lot

clos561 said:
yea i wouldnt want a big pod of gauges hitting my face in a accident...i saw a nice 2 gauge pod for the steering column but its 120......very clean tho and i might consider it

Disable the air bags. I do.
My accident experience has lead me to the conclusion that personal awareness, a safe vehicle and active restraints/belts are far more likely to save your ass than an airbag that goes off after the impact.
But for a lot of people that doesn't work so well, I know.

I saw them and they look nice but nothing like the Defi Red Amber gauges. Everytime you turn the car on, the gauges light up and rev up. Also they will neve get out of calibration like other type of gauges.

Imagine this pod in the MS3
perrin_pod.jpg

Look how cool they should look in our MS3
ASM-INR-300-7.jpg

thats a nice pod too but i dont like the fact that u have to cut the center dashboard piece to fit the gauges....

Here's a shot of my prosport boost gauge i mounted on the steering column. It's the premium gauge, and i ran the wires through the firewall via the hood latch cable grommet. Wires for power run down the steering column, behind the center console to the passenger side where the fuse box is.

gauge1.jpg

Nothing is blocked from my view except the traction control light and headlight bright light, and they can be seen by moving my head about 2 inches to the left. Everything else is in plain sight.

AG DesignWorks said:
Here's a shot of my prosport boost gauge i mounted on the steering column. It's the premium gauge, and i ran the wires through the firewall via the hood latch cable grommet. Wires for power run down the steering column, behind the center console to the passenger side where the fuse box is.

gauge1.jpg

Nothing is blocked from my view except the traction control light and headlight bright light, and they can be seen by moving my head about 2 inches to the left. Everything else is in plain sight.
yea i want the prosport gauge but none in stock...i saw some videos of night time startup and its a nice light show

check ur tires too ...your psi light is on lol

Did you use the PVC tubing that came with the prosport gauge? To me it doesnt look long enough. Where can I get longer tubing?

FYI there are never airbags in the A pillar. Side curtain airbags are in the headliner. The A pillar is just a convenient spot to place the "airbag" label. A pillar mounting of gauges is totally fine.

shadow1 said:
FYI there are never airbags in the A pillar. Side curtain airbags are in the headliner. The A pillar is just a convenient spot to place the "airbag" label. A pillar mounting of gauges is totally fine.
Not true. Take off the A piller trim and there it is.

My mistake then. It must be different for different cars. Some vehicles with curtain airbags, do not have A pillar bags.

Back