Hot off the presses!!!!

applee said:
I have ordered the 3 GT but today the dealer called me telling they don't have the color that I want. They told me mazda stopped making 2007 model already. I have to order 2008 model which will come at mid August. They didn't mention any thing new on the 2008 model. I don't know what to do cuz I don't want to wait for two months. If the engine upgrades to 2.5, it is a good thing. But i dont know how it is gonna affect the price. Plus the equipment of the car...... Any suggestions? I am starting to consider the rabbit....though it is less fun......

This is the CX-9 forum, try asking your question in the Mazda 3 section.

Mucho said:
Your estimate is totally off. Is your guy involved in product? My own contact at Mazda Canada gave me the exact measure, but he will chop my head if I say anything at the moment. You are really setting up expectations with your 300HP.

Let me repost my last post for you:

The final production HP/TQ figures haven't been released yet. The point is that there is a 3.7L engine with more power and torque for 2008.

ryguy said:
I would tend to agree. While it is purely math, a 3.7L engine is only 5.8% bigger than a 3.5L engine. 5.8% increase in HP over 263 is only 278. Now of course it is possible they made other superior changes and/or the horsepower gain isn't linear with the engine size increase, even so. It would take a 14% increase in power to bring it up to 300hp.

How does 278 sound Mucho??

If all they did is increase the displacement you are probably bang on. They will add direct injection to this motor at some point which will put it at 300 or a little more. They won't tell me this is happening now. Mazda is getting more tight lipped about future product changes. I have to catch my people in the right mood to spill all the beans. Takes a few drinks sometimes :)

Mazda3 said:
If all they did is increase the displacement you are probably bang on. They will add direct injection to this motor at some point which will put it at 300 or a little more. They won't tell me this is happening now. Mazda is getting more tight lipped about future product changes. I have to catch my people in the right mood to spill all the beans. Takes a few drinks sometimes :)

I am starting to wonder if we are speaking to the same people, maybe we are and we do not even know. Mazda Canada is a real small company so maybe we do. Sorry I do not want to mention any name on the forum. I would rather go through an exhange of email.

737Capt said:
Any idea when this will be available? Will it be the standard V6 for the GT?

Just ordered one last week so I am really anxious to know if I need to wait or make any changes to my order!

Hi where are you located?...I am thinking about ordering an 08 but I am afraid that the dealer may do the wrong thing because,usually, they are not that well informed...how did you ordering go?...thanks..

I visited the Wayne Mazda site (in NJ) and they are anouncing prices on the CX 9 GT AWD units for 2008...is it posible that they already have them in stock?...they claim to have about 18 units..

I visited the Wayne Mazda site (in NJ) and they are anouncing prices on the CX 9 GT AWD units for 2008...is it posible that they already have them in stock?...they claim to have about 18 units..

I don't know if they have them yet, but they must be on their way. I just ran one of the vin#'s (JM3TB38V980123193) through carfax and it verified that it was a 08 CX-9 w/3.7L V6 MPI DOHC 24V. When I had my MX-5 PRHT built even when the dealership gave me the vin# for my car it did not show up on carfax for about 3-4 weeks after. I was on the Mazda website the other night and did the online chat with a sales assistant and he confirmed the larger engine, B.S.M.S. option. He said the 08 CX-9's should be arriving at dealerships late Aug. early Sept.

Last edited:
Curiously, I did a chat session this morning with a Mazda rep who said the Blind Spot Sensor was standard on the GT but on this pricing sheet it shows it as a $200 option. Anyone else get this story.

I got the same answer from mazda cust. service and the dealership.
Maybe that option could be added to the touring and sport models?

After comparing MSRP price of 2007 and the 2008 there is about a 780.00 difference. I heard from the dealer.... for a new production year price there is typically a 1 up to 2 percent markup. thats roughly 300 to 600 dollars more. and if it only cost 200 for the Blind spot sensor why shouldnt it be standard on the GT models?

Curiously, I did a chat session this morning with a Mazda rep who said the Blind Spot Sensor was standard on the GT but on this pricing sheet it shows it as a $200 option. Anyone else get this story.

I got the same answer from mazda cust. service and the dealership.
Maybe that option could be added to the touring and sport models?

After comparing MSRP price of 2007 and the 2008 there is about a 780.00 difference. I heard from the dealer.... for a new production year price there is typically a 1 up to 2 percent markup. thats roughly 300 to 600 dollars more. and if it only cost 200 for the Blind spot sensor why shouldnt it be standard on the GT models?

After another chat with Mazda and a talk with my dealer, both said that the blind spot sensor is standard on the GT.

Not showing how many miles on the tank etc?

This article is from February and no trip computer was offered for the 08 models so doubt that any would be available from Mazda.

Not showing how many miles on the tank etc?

This article is from February and no trip computer was offered for the 08 models so doubt that any would be available from Mazda.

It's really simple to install one... :cool:

I used a ScanGauge II with Blendmount...
Gives you much more options than ordinary trip computer.

DSC01332.JPG

Back