HKS Exhaust Install

spazspike

Tomorrow night I'm heading over to Brown's Mazda in Alexandria, VA to install my HKS axle-back exhaust. The box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon and my appointment is @ 8:00pm.

My question(s)...

1. Install
Does it come with some instructions so when I get it up on the lift I know exactly where to go for removal?

2. Tools required
I must supply my own tools and want to make sure I have exactly what I need.

3. Steps
I'd imagine it's a bolt-on/bolt-off operation for the piping but what about the hangers?

Any information (simplied) one could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm limited to time (about 30-45mins) on the lift and want to do the entire process efficiency and effectively.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Extremely helpful, actually. I did get everything installed and the sound is quite nice, not too much and not too little. The included feature of the silencer is also a nice bonus considering the car does take long trips.

My praise to HKS on the product and my thanks to all those that I pestered to get this seemingly easy project done.

How did you get the dealership to let you use their lift? That's very cool. It took me 20-30 minutes to install mine with the stock jack, some wd 40, and two wrenches. It must have taken you like 10 minutes tops.

I'm a member of the Mazda SportsCar Club of DC and they have tech sessions with area Mazda dealerships. This one was hosted by Brown's Mazda in Fairfax. Show up with your membership card ($25 annually) and it's free pizza and soda from 6:45 to 8:45pm. Pay $5 and they let you use the lift to perform maintenance and what not with the direct assistance of some technicians but you need to supply your own tools.

I actually ended up watching one of their younger techs do 75% of the work for me (felt really guilty) but it took him all of about 10 minutes.

spazspike said:
I'm a member of the Mazda SportsCar Club of DC and they have tech sessions with area Mazda dealerships. This one was hosted by Brown's Mazda in Fairfax. Show up with your membership card ($25 annually) and it's free pizza and soda from 6:45 to 8:45pm. Pay $5 and they let you use the lift to perform maintenance and what not with the direct assistance of some technicians but you need to supply your own tools.

I actually ended up watching one of their younger techs do 75% of the work for me (felt really guilty) but it took him all of about 10 minutes.

That is very cool. Do you know if the Southern California chapter offers the same benefits? Thanks for the info :)

Back