higher gas

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
What would be the results of adding a higher octane gas in our cars above 93+
would the car have issues

Would you gain more HP? Would the car respond better? That would be why I asked the question.

Some cars according to Car & Driver got worse mileage & performance when using a higher octane gas than the factory recommended. My CX7 requires 91 so I expect no measurable increase in HP or mileage improvement in going to 93 or higher. Ed

Well I tried 100 octane and you do feel a performance difference...but I noticed it burned too fast.....either that or I was flooring it throughout the tank.

Higher octane gas than recommended by the manufacturer is only going to help if the tuning adjusts for it. CX-7 higher octane with forumdig says in the case of the CX-7 with the 91 octane recommendation, higher octane gas isn't going to help with the stock ECU's air/fuel ratio maps. It will just waste money and make cold starting slightly more difficult.

hi there

In Australia CX7 is recomended to run on 95 or higher . i'm running my on 98 octane and:
1 have more power'
2 gas consumpion is ~1 liter less per 100km
3 over all i gane ~20km per tank for the same amount of money
4 higher octane fuel burne slower and cleaner so it minimises wear and tearto my engine , keeps valves clean and polutions levels .

so every body is a winner.

and no you do not have to have your enginr spetialy tuned but it would improve efficiency further if u do it.

I'd have to agree with the Aussi.
Keep in mind we are dealing with a turbo motor and it has more potential output with relation to fuel quality and density.
If you mash on the throttle with less than optimum octane fuel, the engine will retard timing at the onset of detonation. This equals less power. You won't get more power from higher octane fuel but you WILL loose less power due to engine managment self preservation.

Does this make any sense?

hi there

In Australia CX7 is recomended to run on 95 or higher . i'm running my on 98 octane and:
1 have more power'
2 gas consumpion is ~1 liter less per 100km
3 over all i gane ~20km per tank for the same amount of money
4 higher octane fuel burne slower and cleaner so it minimises wear and tearto my engine , keeps valves clean and polutions levels .

so every body is a winner.

and no you do not have to have your enginr spetialy tuned but it would improve efficiency further if u do it.
"95" octane for you is the equivalent to 91 octane here in north america... the rating systems in each country is different and generally speaking, many developed countries across the world uses the research octane (RON) number only whereas north america uses the average of RON and MON

I have tried several tanks of 93 octane (Shell & Chevron?)(USA) and several tank full of 91 octane. The only difference I could measure was a lighter wallet. My fuel mileage difference was within the measured SD (0.43) and I could tell no difference in smoothness or power. I'm not sure but, I think 98 RON is equal to ~ 91-92 octane here in the states. Ed

on 98 octane ( australia) run time from 0km/h to 80 km/h is ~0.2 sec better/quicker than on 95 octane. yes it is very small gain but there is always a gain.

Hello Mazda guys and girls. I just registered and like the rest of you speed nuts,I have to check out the forced induction forum. In Central Texas all we have is 87-89-and 93 octane so 93 is what goes in our CX-7. Although, I did use 89 through out a recent road trip with no problems.

I think 95 RON is equal to ~90 in the states so maybe a small improvment going to 98 RON. I checked my fuel mileage over 3+ full tanks. I checked 91 verses 93 and found no difference based on 3+ tank averages within the SD. Seat of the Pants dyno is not good data as there are just too many variables including a subject feel?

Not sure about the cx7 but when running VPracing fuel on my 2001 Mustang GT I definitely get better power. It's 107 octane I believe, not 100% sure, but I know it's over 102. Anyway it made a difference in that car so I'm not sure why it wouldn't in the CX-7, especially with FI. BTW the Mustang was on stock tune with minor mods.

Now if you are talking 91 to 93 octane, nope you aren't going to feel a thing other than like you mentioned... a lighter wallet.

Back