High Idle

Wierd idle issue here. I have a 03 P5 that's idling high, 2-3k. Now my idle runs high in neutral or when I'm not pressing the accelerator. This seems to come and go with no particular pattern. The weird thing is that if I put my toe under hte accelerator and lift up breifly, the idle goes to normal. Any thoughts on what's going on? TPS issue perhaps? I'm debating about putting a little tri flow on the accelorator linkage just to see if its the accelorator sticking a bit, but I think it's something else. I did have a rough idle last year and replaced the EGR, which solved that, I also have a new clutch (old one was down to the rivets lol), recent spark plugs, and new valve gaskets (lovely vacuum leak I had).

Looking at it further today, it appears that my throttle assemby is sticking somewhere, Not sure what points to find out where to lubricate or loosen up, but it seems that the throttle body is a little sticky, perhaps a little throttle body cleaner is needed? I'll take off the air cleaner and peer down there to see if she's carboned up.

Yeah that could be the problem maybe it's sticking open when you take your foot off the pedal?

Yea it's doing that. I can actually stick my foot under the pedal and lift up on it. This causes the idle to go back down.
I did clean out my throttle body and it did go away, for a few days. I'm gonna do a little more thorough cleaning shortly and see if that helps, I'm wondering if/why it'd be getting dirty so quickly, I generally replace air filters every other oil change. I'm worried that the throttle assembly is getting worn out, unsure if I'd need to replace the whole throttle body or if I can get the assembly if this is the cause.

remove the throttle body and clean inside of it with throttle body cleaner and some rags. also clean the throttle return spring. you can adjust the throttle linkage to give it some slack if it's too tight.

i'm acually having the same problem right now but it's not drastic at all. just enough to keep the TPS from showing 0%, and it only happens on hot days so **** it, i haven't gotten around to cleaning it yet.

So I took it off and cleaned it now it runs at a super high idle and is royally messed up. Must have done something bad oops.

I noticed that my Fuel pressure solenoid had a broke nipple (that's been repaired in the past) this broke again while I was getting the throttle body out. I jb welded it back together again and it seems to be holding together but am curious if this is causing the issue (I don't think it is) I'm guessing I either stretched the wire or did something to the spring in getting it out, I can't figure out how to adjust the throttle linkage, and it seems that it's too loose.
It's already sitting at the shop to be worked on tomorrow so I'll let you know what they figure out for future reference. I unfortunately just don't have the time to mess with it anymore and obviously I'm not doing something right :(

acually i messed up, i forgot theres really no way to adjust the throttle cable. did you take the IAC valve off before you cleaned it? was the TB gasket damaged? make sure the TB is tight and you don't have a vac leak.

Well the shop took the cable assembly completely apart and put it back together, got it running fine.
Apparently my cruise control servo is sticking a bit causing my higher idle (1500-2k) they put some triflo into it and it seems to have loosened up but this may have to be replaced.
Best guess from them is that when I put the TB back on, somehow the cable got bound in the housing, either thorugh debris or just old age, but once they took it completely apart it loosened what ever was jamming it up.
Anyways it just cost $110 for labor and a days worth of running hte family around in the wife's car. Better then what I expected.

Back