HID headlights/fogs

:
2k Protege LX
Hey guys I come to you yet again for some much needed info.
I really know nothing about HID lights and what I need to do to convert my boring old standard lights over.
SO here is my question...
What will I need to buy to replace my headlamps?
Where can I find said HID lamps at a decent price and good quality?
what will I need to install?
Same thing for my fog lights...

H4 Bixenon lights needed for the headlights. Currently a group buy through protephile for a kit. Really good price and he generally has great products. Fogs for the 99-00 are 880 or 890 series bulbs for HIDs, just any kit that offers that bulb size will be needed. I run 7000k BiXenons for heads and 3000k fogs.

Yeah I started to research but it was sort of overwhelming. One thing I don't understand is the numbers like the 7000k or 3000k like Lukeini said. So I have to buy a kit then the bulbs correct?

the title is misleading so thats prob why u didnt see it, but alot of people who know alot about HID's can answer your questions in there if you have any more
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123759914

and to the numbers question, the numbers represent what color the bulb is
3000K-Yellow
4500K-White
5000K-White with very little blue tint
6000K-white with a little more blue tint
7000K-white with light blue
10000K-Light blue
12000K-Purple

above that u dont want, actually u probably dont want to go above 8000K for your headlights, since once u go above that the night/stormy weather vision goes way down
i used to have 10000K's and it made my vision during rain horrible, so i got 3000K's and now i can see everytime of day

its said the lower you go the more useable light output u get

H4 Bixenon lights needed for the headlights. Currently a group buy through protephile for a kit. Really good price and he generally has great products. Fogs for the 99-00 are 880 or 890 series bulbs for HIDs, just any kit that offers that bulb size will be needed. I run 7000k BiXenons for heads and 3000k fogs.

Thanks for the plug!

OP, send me a PM if you have any questions. I have kits in stock.

i have aftermarket foglights, you can see them in my profile pic, does any1 know what kind of HID bulbs i'd need? i have HIDs on their way for my headlights. thanks

post a pic of the bulb that might help us out. Or look on the package or manufacturer's website for bulb replacement size.

Back