HiBoost MZ3 hits 12 sec.

I would like to share with you our results from yesterday at the track.

I was running 13.5 sec at the tests and the car got better and better as well as the track. Then I started to improve and improve and I wanted to go as fast as posible. The best was 12.9 and I think that the car will go to mid 12s easily with some more practice and getting used to the car.

All runs were at 12 psi on 110 octane race fuel, full interior and slicks in the front and skinnies in the back.

Here are some pics and a video.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/HiBoost%20MZ3%20Race2.wmv

Attachments

• Mazda3 at track.JPG
    Mazda3 at track.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,163
  • MZ3 time slips.JPG
    MZ3 time slips.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,496
WOW....just wow....This makes me wanna get a MZ3 just to boost it....SRT KILLER!

WTF, that's extremely bad ass...But at the same time makes my MSP sad:(

I'm working on it!!!!

Juan your the man why didn't you call me to tell me this i wanted to be the first 12 second mazda3!!!
Your still the man!!!!

nice run! maybe this is a stupid question, but why does the car seem to bounce alot when you shift?

That was the slowest looking 12 second pass ever. lol

Damn good mph. That thing is making some power!

damn that tight

i just hope my sis doesn't plan boost her 3 haha then i am screwed
cuz she is a trash talker lol

Simply awesome (thumb)

I sense the MZ3 and MS3 will thrive once they've been around a few years and pre-owned ones can be had at a good price...along with paid off cars with owners looking for more power!

chaosProtege said:
nice run! maybe this is a stupid question, but why does the car seem to bounce alot when you shift?

It's because of the grip of the slicks and that is why drag cars need very stiff springs in the rear. I use 1200 Lbs in the true drag cars. That would improve at least .300 to .400 of the time.

HiBoost TS said:
It's because of the grip of the slicks and that is why drag cars need very stiff springs in the rear. I use 1200 Lbs in the true drag cars. That would improve at least .300 to .400 of the time.

reason i put really stiff coil overs in the back in the p5, and stock springs up front(hence my 1.9 60's on regular d/rs) =), cheap way of doing it, but very effective.

Impressive. It sucks that its so hard to 60' a front driver. By comparison, we have cars in the F-body club running in the mid 11's with that kind of MPH. You got plenty left. Good luck!!

As a side not, this car on the street would be a KILLER. Shock the s*** out of a Z06 Vette!

Back