Hi Ohio

Greetings from the Frozen North, up next to Cedar Point.

Here is what my road looks like this morning

winter1.JPG

winter2.JPG

Anyone, up for a game of Frisbee.
winter3.JPG

This is as close to the snow as the P5 will come this winter.
winter4.JPG

Last edited:
beautiful pics, did you take those today? looks like it would be a fun road when dry (2thumbs)

I get nervous when moisture + temps anywhere near freezing are involved as I don't want my car anywhere near a guardrail/tree (help)

Definantly looks awesome...man I cant wait till summer so we can have a huge Ohio meet that people will show up to *hint hint* lol

do it late spring so it's before I graduate and get the f$%# out of ohio ;) (gtfo)

I seriously can't wait to get on some dry twisties come spring

I'm so anxious right now :D

(drive)

Spring is round the corner. I can't wait to get the winter tires off and put back the sticky Potenzas! I was at the Byers Mazda dealership this morning and picked up one of their magazines, "great cars, great places" and one of the articles is about spectacular road trips for those who believe driving is about more than just getting there.

One of the roads in the article is actually in Ohio, State Route 78 from Nelsonville heading east to the Ohio river. Apparently the road is a test ground for cars handling and chassis due to numerous corners. Below is a quote from the article;
"Years of testing new cars have taught us that the roads of southeastern Ohio bring out both the best and the worst builty into every chassis. This particular highway is a frequent site for road tests, and its meanders in surprising ways from the town square of Nelsonville through to the Ohio River."

Can't wait for spring to test the handling of my mazdaspeed!

g (cool)

I looked up Neslonville and it looks to be a bit far for us Cincinnati folks, I think we'd basically have to come through Columbus... 2 1/2 hours just to get to Nelsonville

but have fun! I'm sure we'll find something more down this way (2thumbs)

Hey githua92, what area do you live at in Columbus?

black_rob00, I was in Fairborn last weekend visiting a buddy. I'll prollly be head'n that way again soon. We should meet up sometime.

nate0123 said:
I looked up Neslonville and it looks to be a bit far for us Cincinnati folks, I think we'd basically have to come through Columbus... 2 1/2 hours just to get to Nelsonville

but have fun! I'm sure we'll find something more down this way (2thumbs)

you b****. i've driven down to cincy several times for meets....and i'm from CLEVELAND....almost 4 hours (according to my parents) so I have to leave at like 9 to make a noon meet....

yea but those are meets to hang out, driving 2-1/2 hours to get to a starting point for another several hour drive (each way) is different I think :p

I suppose we drove almost that long to get to skyline drive when I was in DC...

I guess if the roads were that sweet it might be worth the trip, but we do have some fun roads down here in the cinci/nky area too

So, I dunno, maybe?

btw, Onatrum, I like your new rims

Onatrum said:

black_rob00, I was in Fairborn last weekend visiting a buddy. I'll prollly be head'n that way again soon. We should meet up sometime.

We could.

nate0123 said:
btw, Onatrum, I like your new rims

Thanks man! Took me awhile to find some I liked. Wasn't sure at first if these were the ones but I'm pretty happy with'em on the car.

I too, cannot wait until the weather breaks and stays warm so I can get the 18's back on. So who wants to start planning a day meet for this Rt.78 trip?

Onatrum said:

I'm on the northside of columbus, by Westerville. Hit me an email and let me know when you'll be coming and we can meet. Weekends is best.

g

Back