Hi guys

I_Vtec

Contributor
:
2001 Honda S2000
So a little update.....they cut out a foot of my large intestine for those who don't know. I had a large tumor almost completely blocking my GI tract. There's no history of cancer in my family whatsoever. Guess I was the lucky one. The cancer didn't spread to my lymph nodes luckily. Unfortunately I do have an aeliostomy(sp?). Which if you don't know is basically part of my small intestine sticks out of my abdomen and squirts out my GI contents into a bag. Mostly stomach bile....kinda looks like baby food. Doesn't smell great, but it doesn't smell like s*** either. The bag will help my intestines heal where they sewed me back together.

But I still have to do kemo just in case there's any microscopic cancer cells floating around my body. The kemo will last 6 months. Then after I'm done I go back to the hospital and they put my small intestine back together and I should be good to go.

I've had some s*** happen to me in my life where I thought I was scared. But nothing compares to those last few hours before you go into major surgery. I guess if I had died on the table I would never have known. But damn was I scared!

I'm so glad that I have such great family and friends.

My grandmother was just diagnosed with intestinal cancer... she has chosen not to do anything about it..... :(

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Will pray for a quick recovery.

Wow that sucks man, glad to hear you're getting better. I wish you a speedy recovery good sir.

Wow, this is the first I've heard of this. I'm glad you're doing well and hope for a quick recovery.

good to see you conversing Matt. I wanna come hang out with you sometime soon, play some 360 in the same room, soon as I am done putting my house back together I'll make some time to come over and see ya, maybe some time this weekend if you're up to it.

Velocifero said:
good to see you conversing Matt. I wanna come hang out with you sometime soon, play some 360 in the same room, soon as I am done putting my house back together I'll make some time to come over and see ya, maybe some time this weekend if you're up to it.

pick me up on the way i am still lost on this side of town

Matt, good luck with your recovery. I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Best wishes for a zoomin' recovery :).

Get better soon man. When're you gonna come out and race the speed? ;)

aMaff said:
Get better soon man. When're you gonna come out and race the speed? ;)

Well my battery died again. Guess I should crank that thing every once in a while.

hey matt,, i feel you on the kemo man.. been there done that.. i had cancer (ALL) when i 9. i know what its like,,

So my bloodwork has been s*** the last 2 weeks. Which means I couldn't do my chemo treatment. Which means 2 weeks more with this damn bag. I'm only thru 4 of 13 treatments. If this s*** happens everytime from here on out it's gonna mean that much longer till I'm all put back together.

see sig

Back