Hey Jim Ellis Mazda of Marietta Service Department

Blow me!!!!

So I've had my wife's 5 in there numberous times for the clunk and squeaking in the front end. They never do get it fixed right. The response from them is usuall;

a) We can't find a problem
b) We tightended, lubed, adjusted (insert part here) and all is well.
c) Your spare tire/jack was loose and rattling in the trunk (I like this one best as it proves my car is a Ventriloquist and can put noises where they really aren't)

The noise comes back and this time I am just over the 50k mile warranty. So they call and advise they DO find a problem and it is going to be several hundred dollars to repair. Needless to say I fly off the handle and remind them of the previous visits and the only money being spent by me will be at the state court house to file a small claims for the amount of repair plus rental and court costs.

Fortunately they agree to repair at no charge but ask If I would like my transmission fluid changed FOR $189! Are they f...in... crazy? I might have said yes at $49 as it is nothing more than a drain and fill like an oil change.

Stealerships. Seriously get a clue. I know the market is down and you need to make money. But you'll never get it this way. Keep your prices at least close to reasonable and maybe I'll give you routine maintenance services also. But when you can't get a warranty repair done correctly why do you think I'd trust you to drain and fill my transmission at more than double the cost of a local shop I KNOW will do it right.

yeah, i've had dealings with them once...but the sales dept...they had a blue mp3 that i wanted (to go with the yellow mp3 i had), but the guy wouldn't sell it to the dealership i worked at because they could sell it for so much more...i'm sorry, but if someone was offering you cash in a bad economy vs. waiting 4 months to break even, what would you do?

Well it is supposed to be fixed this time. We'll see. I'm out of town so I'm not sure what they did but the wife said it was quiet. I honestly didn't give them time to explain before I leaned into them and told them I didn't care what it was, they were to fix it and I'm not paying for it.

They did warranty it and covered the rental. If the noises come back I'm driving this car up somebody's ass.

Maybe try taking it to the dealership in Roswell if they don't fix it properly?

(and check out the Georgia thread, our group is pretty active and get together fairly frequently!)

Back