Help with logs

Nue

Sooo... glancing through my DH data logs tonight, my car doesn't seem to be holding boost very well. It's spiking alright as many people say that our stock turbos go up to 18... Then it seems to fall gradually down to the 14's. Is everyone else running between 15-16?

Typically the fix is to re-tighten the clamps/hoses and/or get a new BPV but I'm still not quite sure going or confident enough to know what I'm doing despite going through old threads. Someone with greater expertise care to enlighten me? For example, point me where exactly the stock valve is?

Log 1 is 6th
Log 2 is 5th to 6th

Taken tonight 1300 miles above sea level + ~80 F outside. Stock everything in terms of drivetrain mods.

Attachments

• data1.JPG
    data1.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 112
  • data2.JPG
    data2.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 110
first off, dont be doing WOT pulls in 5th and 6th. your putting a tremendous amount of strain on your motor. to get an accurate and safer data log you should be pulling 2nd-3rd till redline or 3rd-4th till redline starting at about 2500-3000rpm. if you have a stock bpv and stock tune then yes your boosting fine. you should see 15-16 psi and 14-15 at redline.

Thanks for the response. Might I ask what or at least the general vicinity of where this strain is going to? I'll take some logs later tonight.

this "strain" is throughout your whole motor. cams, piston rods, crankshaft etc...

your car is geared to pull the heaviest weight with the smallest gears and cruise with the biggest. when you try to push the vehicle with the biggest gears your putting a ton of load on your motor.

start the log cruising in 4th gear, at 3k rpm's. Then go wot and dont let off until redline. Post that log with Boost, AFR, Fuel pressure, Knock Retard, and Boosted Air Temp. Also, list your mods if you have any. As already stated, dont go wot in higher gears (5,6) because you are loading the motor up....just downshift!

Done! Hopefully I did this correctly. 3k to 5500. 4th gear, no tune, no mods. 75 F outside. I'm holding around 13 across the board.

Attachments

• daata.JPG
    daata.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 112
  • daata2.JPG
    daata2.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
id say it all looks pretty normal for a stock tune. the stock bpv has been known to leak on some peoples car no matter how many miles. theyre plastic and arent really manufactured all that well. if you got a forge bpv (i recommend forge because its basically a stock bpv) your boost will hold probably 2 psi better. an aftermarket bpv can make a pretty decent difference over the stocker. confident or not, the bpv is easy to interchange and well worth it. its only 2 bolts and 2 hose clamps.

Yeah last loks looks good for stock. Also you can log 3rd gear and get same resultls as 4rth Ive tried it over and over. Plus you dont have to worry as much about getting a ticket.

After rereading, coming back, researching and looking up other threads, does this mean that my bpv is leaking then?

I'm not surprised you're having trouble holding boost, what with the decided lack of oxygen, or even air, 1300 miles above sea level....(omg)

Back