Help please

Chris_uk

:
2007 1.5l Mazda 2 Sport
Hey guys, have a few niggles i need some help with, does anybody know the sizes for the black clips that hold the carpet down in passenger footwell and also what size are the ones that are used on the boot hatch/door? Also anybody know what size the nuts are that hold exhaust heat sheild on, just so i can get some rubber washers as i need to get some before my exhaust heat sheilds fall off lol and last but not least, can anybody help me with wipers for front windscreen, every set i buy make the same noise on drivers side, they wipe across and as they go back again it makes a thump noise as the wiper blade switches direction, my last mazda was brand new and i couldn't even hear the blades but on this one its getting on my nerves lol. This is a UK M2 1.5 sport btw so dont know if that will matter.

Chris

exhaust bolts are 10mm, flat steel washers are better than rubber

I've had great luck with the Michelin and Trico blades. I upped the size on my drivers side to 24" for just a tick higher coverage on the left side (right side in UK)

when you say size for the mats, is that the hole size in the mats? if so that is 14mm

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Typically wiper 'chatter' can be solved by slightly bending the wiper arm so it creates more pressure on the blade. If that doesn't work, replace the wiper arm as the spring has lost its tension.

Ok thanks for the help with washers, ill have to get some soon, i mean the black push clips that hold carpet down and also hold the material on the boot lid, i snapped a few getting the material off to find a bolt that had suddenly started rattling around lol. Thankyou for help with the wiper, ill give it a go :)

Chris

Its not for the floor mates, its used to hold down the carpets and you willbsee thwm in the passenger footwell they look like little black plastic circles

Chris

if you use steel washers again the same thing will happen due to the dissimilar metals reacting with each other and corroding the aluminium heat shield away.
Your probably better off with the rubber washers under the steel washers or some large aluminium washers :D

The nuts I believe are M6x1
:D

Back