Skipping Wipers

Same here. Looks very similar

Attachments

• B3391E8C-3AFB-46EB-A90B-9A5880D33B7C.jpeg
    B3391E8C-3AFB-46EB-A90B-9A5880D33B7C.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 97
So I have come to the conclusion that both of my wiper arms are bent. I assume this happened when I got my windshield replaced. I confronted my Mazda dealership, but they are not taking ownership of the issue. I’ve attached an image of the driver side bent wiper arm below. If you guys could send me a picture of your wiper arm, so I could compare it to mine, I would appreciate it a lot!
These pictures are not going to tell you if a wiper arm is sufficiently bent to cause the problem. A subtle bend causing less than even pressure across the length of the blade will cause the blade to streak or chatter. Given the steps you've taken so far, I would suggest replacing one wiper arm to see if the problem is corrected. If not, return the arm, at which point the question would be whether the new windshield is slightly misaligned.

The bend in the wiper arm is factory made. There is no way to accidentally nor by-hand bend it that way; try it and it'll kink. The wiper arm is not the problem. I'm sticking with some film on the glass. Ask the dealership which glass shop they farmed the job out to for the replacement. Stop by there and ask them how to clean this invisible film off the glass. Or just stop into any auto glass shop and have a cordial chat with them about a film on the glass.

Back