Help me please xD

Dizfunction

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
I've had my p5 for almost three years and I've been chasing an electrical issue that is pretty much killing my car. I started with replacing the alternator and then the batter. I replaced the wire that connects from the alternator to the fuse box after that wire burned out. I haven't been able to figure out why this is happening and now I've lost power to my radio my door locks and the overhead lights in the car. Anyone have any clue as to what may cause this?

did you check the alternator output with the car running? should be 13.8-14.3 ish at the battery. are all of your grounds clean and tight? lastly the fuses and relays under the hood - are the prongs blackened or look cooked? its good to make sure that nothing else burned up whenever the power supply wire did.

Yeah I've checked all that stuff everything appears good. I know that I'm missing functionality of a lot of things connected to my dashboard wire harness and I'm losing alternators from whatever this electrical issue is. I need to find the source and fix it.

Back