Help for CEL P0550

el_Don

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES
I've looked up CEL P0550 which is:p0550 Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction. I have not felt any difference in the steering at all. In fact I was planning to change the power steering fluid next weekend. I looked it up on the forum and found info regarding the CEL but I have not found a fix for it. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? (shrug)

Thanks (thumb)

I've looked up CEL P0550 which is:p0550 Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction. I have not felt any difference in the steering at all. In fact I was planning to change the power steering fluid next weekend. I looked it up on the forum and found info regarding the CEL but I have not found a fix for it. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? (shrug)

Thanks (thumb)

That sensor will have no effect on the operation of the steering

it is a sensor that is usually used to do things like bump up idle speed so the engine doesnt stall when doing slow speed idling manuvers where the p/s pump is working really hard

Is this the culprit?

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

And is the above wire the one that needs to be connected to that point? I've been trying to find the actual part itself but have not found it yet. I do think though that I could probably find a junker and take it from there. Let me know if that's the one I need. Thanks for all the help guys!! (thumb)

Is this the culprit?

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

And is the above wire the one that needs to be connected to that point? I've been trying to find the actual part itself but have not found it yet. I do think though that I could probably find a junker and take it from there. Let me know if that's the one I need. Thanks for all the help guys!! (thumb)

good job. i actually think i might have one of those sitting around.. want me to check?

This weekend, Saturday evening or Sunday I could head out there. What is good for you?

Back