Help a brother out

:
2000 Protege ES
hey all you georgia forumers. i have a bit of a favor to ask of anyone willing to do it. my 17 year old brother is looking to buy a new car and im trying to help him find a good deal. he has $6000 to spend so i figured, if anyone knows someone who has a good car looking for a good home, and they're willing to part with it for $6000 or less, shoot me a PM. he lives in dunwoody, which is a suburb of atlanta, and i live in athens. i figured i would ask you guys though before he ends up trying a stealership or anything drastic like that.

So, if anyone has, or knows someone who has a protege, 626, sentra altima, maxima, civic, accord, corrola, camry, etc. that they are willing to part with for <$6000 PM me

thanks
-Max

i sell cars...we have a '97 millenia for $4500 + tax..127K miles. body is in good shape...leather...well, it isn't in good shape...a few tears...but it was a 1 owner car.

Damnit Max, I just made the deal to sell my Protege for a bit under $6K. You guys could have had matching cars! Oh well, good luck finding something for your brother, I'll keep an eye out.

Foolish said:
Damnit Max, I just made the deal to sell my Protege for a bit under $6K. You guys could have had matching cars! Oh well, good luck finding something for your brother, I'll keep an eye out.
so you sold it???

Yeah. To an autocrosser and new member of the forum. He's going to come get it around the 16th after the wrenching meet here in Athens. We're racing it one more time tomorrow! :D

Foolish said:
Yeah. To an autocrosser and new member of the forum. He's going to come get it around the 16th after the wrenching meet here in Athens. We're racing it one more time tomorrow! :D

Yep, I can't wait to pick up the car! I'm hoping to get it out to a crap ton of autoxes in STS next year.

And BTW, Max, i'll keep an eye out for sub 6k cars for your brother. There's always someone around here selling cars that would interest you. I'll PM you if anything comes about.

he's kinda a point a to point b driver, but hes also been driving my former car clarence, a 93 ford aerostar without working a/c or windows, for the last 2 years so im hoping to convert him (basically i want him to get a fun car so i can borrow it every now and again :D ). it sounds from what hes told me that he wants something that handles well and drives well, but is also comfortable and reliable and whatnot, basically what everyone wants in a car. ive suggested a few for him to look at i.e. protege, 626, sentra, altima, maxima, civic, and so on. im just really picky cause i got my car for $6000 even and it had mods done to it already, perfect condition, and only like 71,000 miles on it but finding another deal like that might be wishful thinking

that was a really long explanation

hey max, i work at an auto auction, and we have about 3000 cars run throught it every week. i fyou brothe or you know someone with a dealers licence, you can come and check it out one day. just as an fyi, all auctions are on thursdays, and it is a dealer only auction. that's why you need a dealer licence to get in and buy a car. most prices are wholesale and you can buy a $8000-9000 car for about $6000. hollar at me and i can keep an eye out for you at work.

Back