Hello Everyone

:
Mazda 6
Hello all, just downsized to a Mazda MX-5 for the family. Although I downsized from an Explorer I upgrade with the mpg, technology features etc and am I glad I did.

I just wanted to say hello and ask a quick question regarding the dash lighting. I've noticed in several images on the mazda website and online the instrument cluster lighting matches the lighting on the steering wheel and environment controls. The CX-5 I have has what I consider an attractive white instrument cluster for the speedo/info center/tak but has red-ish illumination on the steering wheel and air conditioning controls.

I was wondering if there was any way to modify the illumination colors on the steering wheel & environment controls to match the instrument color?

So far I'm very happy with the new vehicle, and I look forward to spending some time on the these forums to learn a bit more about it.

Hello all, just downsized to a Mazda MX-5 for the family. Although I downsized from an Explorer I upgrade with the mpg, technology features etc and am I glad I did.

I agree, going from an Explorer to an MX-5 is a huge downsizing!!!!

Joke's appart congrat's on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Welcome to mazdas247.com. I did the same thing (traded Explorer for CX-5) in spring of 2012 and have been very happy with the better fuel ecomomy, reliability and quality.

Welcome to mazdas247.com. I did the same thing (traded Explorer for CX-5) in spring of 2012 and have been very happy with the better fuel ecomomy, reliability and quality.

Did you simply forget to mention the better driving dynamics or is that not very important to you?

I know you have sportier cars than the CX-5 (so do I) but I've all but stopped driving my 2010 F-150 because it just isn't fun to drive. I look forward to every trip in the CX-5 and have more fun getting there. Not that I'm speeding and passing, just that the driving dynamics and feel make driving more pleasurable.

Longstone, welcome to CX-5 ownership. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. And I would ask you the same question:

How important are the driving dynamics to your enjoyment (compared to the Explorer)?

Did you simply forget to mention the better driving dynamics or is that not very important to you?

I know you have sportier cars than the CX-5 (so do I) but I've all but stopped driving my 2010 F-150 because it just isn't fun to drive. I look forward to every trip in the CX-5 and have more fun getting there. Not that I'm speeding and passing, just that the driving dynamics and feel make driving more pleasurable.

I did not forget, driving dynamics are important to me as you guessed from my other cars past and present.

You are probably not familiar with the specific Ford Explorer that I owned. It was 4th gen 4.6L 292 hp/6 speed tranny Explorer, one of the better handling BOF w/fully independent suspension mid-sized SUVs available. Thankfully it did not drive/handle like any F-150. Agreed, the CX-5 does offer somewhat better driving dynamics than that specific Explorer, but not drastically better. MPG, reliability, quality is drastically better on the CX-5 versus Explorer previously owned.

Last edited:
Back