Hello every1 450hp evo monster sold! 03 MSP MY NEW PROJECT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you gap the plugs at?

A code P0301 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)

Check your 02 next. Do the cheapest things first.

Welcome.

There is a lot of negative talk about the MSP, which is probably deserving, but don't let that stop you from your goal. I believe there a drivers car; very fun to drive, has some peppiness to it and can be superb in auto crossing with some decent suspension upgrades.

Good luck with your MSP. Hope these guys can point you in the right direction in solving your problems.

PS: I'm currently looking into finding larger wastegate for my car. I read you were interested in buying a ATP Wastegate? I currently have one on my car at the moment and will be needing to sell it after I install a larger one. Let me know if your interested and we can work something out.

Welcome.

There is a lot of negative talk about the MSP, which is probably deserving, but don't let that stop you from your goal. I believe there a drivers car; very fun to drive, has some peppiness to it and can be superb in auto crossing with some decent suspension upgrades.

Good luck with your MSP. Hope these guys can point you in the right direction in solving your problems.

PS: I'm currently looking into finding larger wastegate for my car. I read you were interested in buying a ATP Wastegate? I currently have one on my car at the moment and will be needing to sell it after I install a larger one. Let me know if your interested and we can work something out.

i totally agree and thanks for the support i will c about the wastegate cuz im thinking of a pep mani but the only ones left have a ewg setup

Wow ok welded diff first then hahaha well I have really bad news guys check enginelight just turned on code said its running too lean engine dies on start up idls like crap if I drive and go into neutral idle drops and car dies hahaha
Wow I hope this is not what to except out of this car everything seems hooked up propley vacume lines etc car has 59k only ? Idk guys I can tear the evo down to the oil pan but I can't wrap my head around this one sounds like a vacume leak

Check the plug for your Idle air controller. It tends to get loose. When mine does it idles at like 100rpm but keeps chugging.

Welcome.

Everybody thinks the MSP isn't reliable but once you replace the Diff and Manifold your good to go. I'm at 200,000 km's right now running 12psi with a Steedspeed manifold and M Factory Diff. and SSAFC. I just replaced my original clutch at 180,000km and everything else has been routine. If you care for your car it will treat you well. Although you have to remember lots of these issues people are having could also come from miss-use and abuse. Just my opinion.

Everybody thinks the MSP isn't reliable but once you replace the Diff and Manifold your good to go. I'm at 200,000 km's right now running 12psi with a Steedspeed manifold and M Factory Diff. and SSAFC. I just replaced my original clutch at 180,000km and everything else has been routine. If you care for your car it will treat you well. Although you have to remember lots of these issues people are having could also come from miss-use and abuse. Just my opinion.

So true my previous lx was at 250,000 and it was going great lol sold it and the evo and bout the msp and payed off my debt etc I only have less than a month with her so I'm still finding things that the previous owner had done its like christmas lol hacked ecu harness lol vacume lines everywhere missing radio antenna shot sparkplugs lol ebay coilovers haha she's a fixer upper but I'm sure once I get my wrench into her she will be more than reliable lol

Welcome to the forum.

Most of what I have read that is being mentioned here is really good information.

The Rods are weak
The Transmission seems to be limited to 300 WHP ish, (Both I have found out personally.)

I have some additional information in the link in my signature and some information on Cost/parts required to build up a Protege.

Welcome to the forum.

Most of what I have read that is being mentioned here is really good information.

The Rods are weak
The Transmission seems to be limited to 300 WHP ish, (Both I have found out personally.)

I have some additional information in the link in my signature and some information on Cost/parts required to build up a Protege.

lol there is tons of great info here iv seen ur link theres tons of info in there i dont plan of pushing more than 250 once i forge it ill go 275 300

lol there is tons of great info here iv seen ur link theres tons of info in there i dont plan of pushing more than 250 once i forge it ill go 275 300

even if I forge it im only going 250. much more is stupid with FWD.

I agree with 250 being a good goal for this platform. I honestly don't think more power could make my car any faster down the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back