Hello every1 450hp evo monster sold! 03 MSP MY NEW PROJECT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
03 MSP
Hello every1 my name is gabriel and as the title states I just sold my 05 evo rs that I had built from the ground up and I sold my protege lx and bout an 03 MSP.. I kno allot about turbo cars and what not and just wanted to share a lil info onmyself and my car

05 evo 450hp
Hks turbo back
Ets 4inch intercooler set up ported polished intake exhaust manis
280 cams
255 walbro
1000cc injectors etc

I kno what power is and one day I hope to buy another evo I mainly got the msp as a daily and this is my future mod list

Greddy catback
3inch downpipe to catback
255 walbro
Greddy guages
Corcksport fmic with greddy intercooler swap
Greddy boost controll
Greddy turbo timmer
626 ported intake mani

And that's preety much it besids some nice race seats the car is preety much stock right now except for injen cold air id like to sell and some unknown orange super stiff coilovers I hate and allso want to sell lol the evo was my dedicated track car and this is gunna be my daily driver

Sorry for the horrible grammer and spelling I'm at work and I'm using my cell phone haha still trying to figure out how to post pics of the msp and my old evo

You want to daily the msp? tedious thing to do. dont go over 9 psi unless you get forged goodies and what not. Welcome to the forum!

Edit: I wouldn't worry about a boost controller unless you want to blow your motor

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!
Sometimes it takes us a while to respond. Over an hour anyway.
Looks like a good start for the mod list, look into a SSAFC or the like.

Welcome. Shoulda talked to me I would of traded you for that Evo ;)

But to make the MSP more reliable for DD you need a welded LSD (weld the case on because it falls off, not the gears themself's), and get a ATP Wastegate (the stock one leaks), and get a aftermarket exhaust mani (stock one cracks like a mofo)

any questions feel free to always PM me :)

Yeah I herd the stock wastegates leak that's allso on my list.
As for the safc I really hate tuneing it my self I rather just get it tuned on a dyno
Welded diff ehh sounds good iv done allot of reading its funny the msp is my idea of a daily it was so hard to daily my evo it had a 6 puck ceramic clutch stage 4 with a light weight fly try driving that in trafiic it was killer
Boost controller is just for better boost response since it has a better boost solenoid I don't plan on runing more than 8 psi and I want to make sure it doesn't spike my evo was pushing 24lbs haha 6 psi is like wtf ?

Welcome! Keeping the boost low is definately a good financial decision or prepare to spend 2x-3x what you did on the evo to be safe on much less power!

as for my first mod

corksport fmic kit then replace the tiny shity intercooler with a universal greddy front mount i really just gunna buy the kit for the pipeing ill post up the corsport babycooler for sale just like the bigger look

corcksport intake to replace the injen cold air i hate that brand lol will post up injen cold air for sale as well

pipes will be vent to atmosphere greddy rz bov im going to relocate the maf cloer to the throttle body so that i can vta we just use to go speed density on the evos

second mod will be tubular manifold and 3 inch downpipe to a resonated mid muffler at a greddy catback

third mod will be wastegate and 626 ported polished and thermal coated intake manifold

last but not least asthetics powdercoat valve cover etc cover intercooler pipe closest to turbo manifold with a heat shield reflectacool gold tape and titanium wrap the downpipe and tubular manifold maybee a t25 dei turbo blanket lol basically everything i did to the evo ughh dejavu all this will be on stock boost

arp head studs cams and valve springs will go in with my tune and im sure it will hold 8 to 10 psi right?

eventually ill throw a welded diff and all my interior goodies i had a full custom sued headliner in the evo im thinking of doing on the msp i allso have a set of evo brakes left over i kno a shop that can make me the brakets for the calipers but all in due time i hope i can get her into a mag just like i did with the evo

lol this is all preety cheap considering my catback alone was like 1grand and all my cf seibon goodies totaled to be close to 2.5k everything on the evo was super duper expensive front mount kit was 1.5k etc etc corksport and protege garage have great items for cheap the exhaust mani for the evo eas allso a grand i found a really nice one thick walled for 500

ultimatley my goal is 250 275hp msp as my daily and then buy back my evo and dedicate here once again to the track as i sold her to a friend

Sorry I don't mean to rain on your parade but I feel like your power expectations on a stock block are a little to high for the Msp to be a reliable dd.

I totalt get what ur saying and these are the exact comments I'm looking for I'm not trying to build a monster if I wanted to go fast I would've keept the evo iv read tons of articles and forums 300hp is where the tranny and jus about evrything goes down hill remmber I'm keeping it low boost and just doing all the bolt ons I can while still keeping it comfortable enough to daily. What's the max hp these stock blocks can take? I don't c y 250hp with all the necessary bolt ons headstuds etc welded diff be too much for a daily I drive 3 miles back and forth lolmy idea of a daily might not be the same as yours

the rods are pencil thin. They are the same rods in the standard proteges and p5's. Honestly if I wanted a safe reliable Msp as a dd I'd run it probably in the 220-240 whp range. I've seen motors blow at lower power levels but I fell with a good tune you should be ok depending on how you treat it. Honestly headstuds and valve springs are nowhere near needed I know people with built motors that have run stock head studs.

Last edited:
Yeah the rods will go around 250, usually you dont hear much about that due to most people building at anything over that. I am aiming for 350-400. so a FWD beast LOL. But best DD would be around 225hp and you can get that sometimes without going above 8psi easily.

welcome, these guys are already pointing you in the right direction plus it looks like you have an idea of what you want already. Good luck and looking forward to the progress. Definitely won't be as fast as the evo, but it's a fun little car.

Welcome! first thing i would be most concerned about is that diff. Lot of guys have blown it out on stock power levels. myself included

lol, Im on my second diff and have no idea if this one is the revised one. When my first one went, I got this one installed under warranty and during that time, I had no idea this forum existed or any of the vendors. Mfactory is in the future for me though

lol, Im on my second diff and have no idea if this one is the revised one. When my first one went, I got this one installed under warranty and during that time, I had no idea this forum existed or any of the vendors. Mfactory is in the future for me though

Even the revised ones can break. Only way to solve that is to weld it. And at that price of a welded one might as well buy a Mfactory.

Wow ok welded diff first then hahaha well I have really bad news guys check enginelight just turned on code said its running too lean engine dies on start up idls like crap if I drive and go into neutral idle drops and car dies hahaha
Wow I hope this is not what to except out of this car everything seems hooked up propley vacume lines etc car has 59k only ? Idk guys I can tear the evo down to the oil pan but I can't wrap my head around this one sounds like a vacume leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back