heating/air settings and vents

rlp2955

Hi all,
Just wanted to verify something that has been bothering me on my CX5 and see if it's normal...when I have my air settings on "floor" (meaning the air should be blown out of the bottom of the dash), I still have air coming out of both my far left and far right vents on the front of the dash (although at a lower force than what it would be with the setting set to dash only). I would have expected no air to be coming through those vents on this setting. I can't seem to find any of the air settings that will shut these vents off entirely. Is this an issue I need to have the dealer look at or is it normal? I didn't see any other posts about this so I assumed it's an issue with mine specifically but wanted to verify.

Same thing with my GT, AWD. But, that was what happened with my SantaFe also. Not a problem and in fact I like it. Keeps some hot air up and toward my window in the winter and defrosts. If it really is an issue, you can manually turn off the airflow right at the vent
Bob

Same thing with my GT, AWD. But, that was what happened with my SantaFe also. Not a problem and in fact I like it. Keeps some hot air up and toward my window in the winter and defrosts. If it really is an issue, you can manually turn off the airflow right at the vent
Bob

Agreed and same as my GT, very common.

Back