Heads up display (HUD) shaking

I paid attention on my drive home and another trip this evening, including some very broken pavement on the highway and noticed no shake at all in the HUD image. I’d say there’s something wrong if you’re experiencing shaking.

I paid attention on my drive home and another trip this evening, including some very broken pavement on the highway and noticed no shake at all in the HUD image. I’d say there’s something wrong if you’re experiencing shaking.
If you tap on the upper hood above your instrument cluster (doesnt have to be that hard) you might be able to see it shimmy a little. If yours is still rock solid perhaps it might be worth a mention to the dealer for those of us who have noticed a rattle at all.

For reference I can reproduce movement in the hub by giving the top of the instrument cluster hood a quick, firm tap.

Simply put, the HUD image is not supposed to shake. I’ve Owned a Grand Prix, multiple C5 & C7 corvettes and currently a 2020 Mazda cx5 Grand Touring & a 2021 Mazda cx5 Signature all with factory installed HUD units. Not one of the HUD units ever had an issue with shaking. Your dealer needs to replace your HUD under warranty.

Back